Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I´m in the Army now... or was in the Army then
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: I´m in the Army now... or was in the Army then Reply with quote

Some old scanned paper prints from April-May 1983 when I served my country. Taken with Cosina CX-1, Ilford HP-5 film.

For some reason, I couldn´t open the scanned pics in Capture NX2 to adjust the levels.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many bicycles in the second shot. Bicycle riding in full gear seems like it would be difficult.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that bike shot ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the viewing.

mmelvis wrote:
Many bicycles in the second shot. Bicycle riding in full gear seems like it would be difficult.

Once we had to ride around a lake - about 60 miles - in six hours (with the full gear). When we got back to the barracks, I was totally exhausted. When I realised, that I had to climb the stairs to the third floor I nearly collapsed. Smile

Two more pics:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I´m in the Army now... or was in the Army then Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
For some reason, I couldn´t open the scanned pics in Capture NX2 to adjust the levels.

CNX2 appears to require an embedded colour profile - I don't pretend to understand. I opened your 1st picture in PSE and used Convert to Profile (sRGB). It then opened in CNX2. The picture actually opens in ViewNX2. You could edit it there, or convert and export to CNX2.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thak You John,

I noticed the same thing - imported the scans first to View NX2, then I was able to open them in Capture NX2.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embed the profile (sRGB for screen use) and CNX2 will edit them just fine.

This gives me a sudden burst of inspiration to dig out my military photos, I spent 1994-1995 in the navy. I remember it being near impossible to bring a camera to the naval base, much less shoot with it - too many restrictions. Same thing was for mobile phones Laughing in those years quite a few already had a Nokia 2010 or what they were and it required a written permission from fleet staff Laughing Laughing Laughing