Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The IQ of my Fuji S3 camera rocks!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: The IQ of my Fuji S3 camera rocks!! Reply with quote

Just received my camera today and I did a very quick test. Wow, I am truly impressed with this camera. The raw files is huge, but it is able to cope with some serious post processing without breaking apart. Very Happy Very Happy

There is just so much noise with the G1 when you lift those shadows even at ISO 400. You see those banding in the G1. I guess it is not exactly comparing like with like. Still it shows what Fuji sensor can do.

What do you think?

LHS = original image
RHS = processed image in LR3.

I exposed for highlights with the G1 in order to preserve it. I did the opposite with the Fuji cam with +2 exposure bias. You can see from the graph there is still some headroom left for highlights in the Fuji image.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, it seems.Clean image.
How does it works on your northern lights Wink ?
Not too heavy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use LR4 for even better results with the beautiful FujiFilm sensor. The rawfiles are huge until compressed by the Fuji raw compressor. After compression they are 10-12 MB smaller.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting results. Is its handling any better than the clunky S2?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Very interesting results. Is its handling any better than the clunky S2?

Unfortunate I don't know Ludoo since I don't the S2. The S2 can be had for a song now...Might be worth a try, but I would recommend as S3 instead as it is newer and less likely to have the sensor failure problem report with the S2 bodies.