Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 135mm f3.5 Preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Tokina 135mm f3.5 Preset Reply with quote

I have a very old Tokina 135mm Preset lens that has an aluminum threaded adapter attached to it which looks to be original. When I purchased this lens I was told that it was M42 but it is not. The adapter has a mark "MA" on it. It appears to be slightly larger than M42 but I am not sure what it might be. I would like to adapt this to my NEX. Does anybody have any idea what it might take to do that?

I have posted some picture below that compare the unknown adapter to M42

Last edited by turbines on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

could it be this?
http://forum.mflenses.com/wtb-47mm-tokina-t-mount-to-m42-t44101.html

edit: If you got any sort of adapter for it, then it is easier to find adapter for that than to the t-47 mount itself? Post a picture of the "MA" adapter, you'll get answers in 5 minutes here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two threads here, and its not entirely clear which you are referring to - -

One is the thread on the lens into which you screw the adapter - this is either normal T-mount - M42x.75, or the Tokina only M47 that they used for a while for their own interchangable mounts.

The other is the camera mount thread on the adapter. If its for a screw mount and isn't M42, its probably M44, for the Miranda screw mount.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Pictures of Tokina adapter threads Reply with quote