Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm f1.5 RED T Sony NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm f1.5 RED T Sony NEX-3 Reply with quote

Lens is pre-war lens I did try my new KIEV/CONTAX RF adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful architecture and perfectly catch with B&W convertion!
I have also this lens (without Red T!) and I'm thinking about buying the NEX adapter made by your friend but I still hesitate because it's quite pricey for only one lens Confused (it cost indeed more than 2 times the price I paid for the lens .....)......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
I have also this lens (without Red T!) and I'm thinking about buying the NEX adapter made by your friend but I still hesitate because it's quite pricey for only one lens Confused (it cost indeed more than 2 times the price I paid for the lens .....)......

Lens value is 2-300 usd , you bought very cheaply! There is plenty of Russian lens which is usual cheaper with KIEV mount than with LTM and most of them high quality as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
pich900 wrote:

Lens value is 2-300 usd , you bought very cheaply! There is plenty of Russian lens which is usual cheaper with KIEV mount than with LTM and most of them high quality as well.

like I said, my lens does not have the Red T so probably much less value than yours! Anyway, I will think about it but I will have to sell some stuff before to make any new purchases... do you have may be some tips for "good" and "cheap" contax kiev lens (wide angle till max 85mm)??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Attila wrote:
pich900 wrote:

like I said, my lens does not have the Red T so probably much less value than yours! Anyway, I will think about it but I will have to sell some stuff before to make any new purchases... do you have may be some tips for "good" and "cheap" contax kiev lens (wide angle till max 85mm)??

All Russians are good no exception I like earlier RED P lenses due looking and I never find any okay copy just excellent. Jupiter-8, Jupiter-9 which are usable with adapter, J-12 not it is goes to deep in body. Another idea to buy adapter sell your lens , I am pretty sure you will get good amount and buy something else what is serve better to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
All Russians are good no exception I like earlier RED P lenses due looking and I never find any okay copy just excellent. Jupiter-8, Jupiter-9 which are usable with adapter, J-12 not it is goes to deep in body. Another idea to buy adapter sell your lens , I am pretty sure you will get good amount and buy something else what is serve better to you.

thanks Attila......so no way to mount Kiev/contax lens under 50mm on nex ???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me Attila!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Attila wrote:

thanks Attila......so no way to mount Kiev/contax lens under 50mm on nex ???

You can mount more expensive lenses than J-12 from Nikon, Zeiss and more expensive and very rare Orion-15.