Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 55mm f2.8 Auto Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Vivitar 55mm f2.8 Auto Macro Reply with quote

I finaly got my 2nd macro lens! This one is Nikon mount so I took the adapter out and took some shot.

All shot are hand held without flash (some of the blurriness come from my shaky hands)

Mostly 1:1.

#1 f4

#2 f2.8

#3 f16

#4 f4 (or was it f2.8?)

#5 f4

I'll try to get better shot with my Flash or this week-end when we have some natural light around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one that goes to 1:1 with no extension ring, correct ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
This is the one that goes to 1:1 with no extension ring, correct ?

Yup!

I'll try to take a shot of the lens itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics, looks like a good lens. Thinking about getting this one too for macro. Nice pics btw =]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it and sold it locally. It wasn`t you ehh? Very Happy
Build yourself a flash and shoot at 1/150 - 1/200.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I had it and sold it locally. It wasn`t you ehh? Very Happy
Build yourself a flash and shoot at 1/150 - 1/200.

I bought it off ebay from a guy in Arizona (or was it Texas...).

Paid a bit more than I expected ($80:item + $22:ship + $20:duty/taxes) But I'm happy with it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I've made a softbox out of paper as a template for a foam core version... I gave it a try anyway with this lens.

The lens itself looks like that (Took with Carl Zeiss Planar f1.8 T* and the paper softbox)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Andreq"
I bought it off ebay from a guy in Arizona (or was it Texas...).

Paid a bit more than I expected ($80:item + $22:ship + $20:duty/taxes) But I'm happy with it![/quote]

I have bought several lenses from the States & never had to pay duty/taxes. There is not supposed to be any duty on camera equipment coming from the US to Canada.

Looks like you got a nice lens though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never paid duty on any item I ever bought on ebay.

The guy really wanted to ship using USPS Priority. I wanted insurance so he would have to drive to the post office to have that with First Class Mail International. Something he didn't want to do :S.

So I ended up paying $8 more for shipping priority, it got stuck at the border for a week... and I had a $20 bill at the post office.

All in all it's still a good price for the lens, I'm very happy with it.