Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m4/3 vs FF - another high ISO test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: m4/3 vs FF - another high ISO test Reply with quote

http://admiringlight.com/blog/micro-43-vs-a-full-frame-legend/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sigma 50:1.4 look disappointing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for us who buy secondhand items it´s a good test - now you know, that m4/3 sensor from 2010 is as good as FF sensor from 2004 Cool

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest m4/3 sensors are looking pretty impressive, miles better than the original sensor of the G1 Smile I still prefer the grain of the ff sensor though, and for MF lenses, the lack of crop factor.

I think the compact camera sector is going to look very interesting over the next couple of years...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt agree more. its a great time to 'go small'! remember lack of size matters! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. It looks like now M4/3 is good enough, and they need to put development money in software not in improving the sensor, but that just my opinion for what it's worth. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All true, but when comes to ultimate DR - FF is still king at higher ISO I am afraid!