Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 4 ¼ cm Biotar??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Contax 4 ¼ cm Biotar?? Reply with quote

Nice lens:
Click here to see on Ebay.de

Never seen one of this before!

- Any information about this one?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No , rare for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller is a (well known) member of the Zeiss Historical Society and has lots of extreme rarities
in his possession. (reverse his selling name ...!). No clue why he sells those....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems it´s an ultra-rare item with prices exceeding 1000euro, but I haven´t found any information regarding its performance???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a certain point on, it is for some lenses no longer important how well they perform. It only matters how rare it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucispictor: that´s 100% true... but I am curious Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
From a certain point on, it is for some lenses no longer important how well they perform. It only matters how rare it is.

Yep, that same seller bought a unique Zeiss SPHAEROGON lens (only one surviving one known) years ago for about EUR8.000 then (and another one in the same league) ... hasn't even shot one picture with it yet from what I know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: How do you know? Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Yep, that same seller bought a unique Zeiss SPHAEROGON lens (only one surviving one known) years ago for about EUR8.000 then (and another one in the same league) ... hasn't even shot one picture with it yet from what I know.

How do you know?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Klaus sometimes thinks he knows everything! Laughing

Welcome, don't let negative comments drive you away. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: How do you know? Reply with quote

xatnoc wrote:
kds315* wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

How do you know?

Maybe you didn't notice but that's not a problem, I'll tell you: the thread is 1 year and half old.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you know? Reply with quote

xatnoc wrote:
kds315* wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

How do you know?

Hi Stefan, great to see you here! Well I said "...from what I know" as Marco (Cavina) and I were eagerly waiting for some pictures for years, so this assumption was a valid one I guess Wink