Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Rokkor PF 1.9/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Rokkor PF 1.9/55 Reply with quote

I messed up on this one. I shouldn't of bid on it. Embarassed The rubber grip is missing. If I had looked at all the pics carefully I'd noticed it. I'm blaming it on the severe cold I have. Rolling Eyes I really over paid on this one. Sad Laughing
Anyone on the forum have one?
Click here to see on Ebay


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you wayyyyy over-paid!

Haha! What a deal! I don't have it but how bad could it be?


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile
They were only made for 2 years 1971-72.I'm looking foward to giving it a try, if it's performance is close to my 1.7/55 I will be happy. Very Happy


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was telling a dealer that I was looking for Hexanons with all metal focus rings, He brought me a 50/1.7 with the rubber missing. Laughing

maybe a post in the maintenance/repair section?

or this forum:
http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

similar issue:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/13061/10099.html?1188074069


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I was telling a dealer that I was looking for Hexanons with all metal focus rings, He brought me a 50/1.7 with the rubber missing. Laughing

maybe a post in the maintenance/repair section?

or this forum:
http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

similar issue:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/13061/10099.html?1188074069


Thanks for the links. Maybe I won't fix mine, and just tell everyone it's a super rare all metal version. Smile Laughing


PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rubber band you find holding bunches of fresh vegetables together may work for this.


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
The rubber band you find holding bunches of fresh vegetables together may work for this.


Thanks, I had one and it worked. Smile


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens today and tried it. Very strange results.I didn't have time for retesting. DOF at f1.9 is very thin, to thin.
First shot at f1.9, and second is at f8. Confused Sad

f1.9



f8

" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning toward decentered element. 1st pic I used the Minolta 2/45 at f2. Second pic I used the Minolta 1.9/55 at f1.9.
I also tried the 2/50 with the same result as the 2/45. I used in camera metering.All 3 lenses metered at 1/125s.

2/45



1.9/55

" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any comments are welcome. I'd really like to know what the problem is. The Glow? At f1.9 is strange also.


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the image at f4. They are all junk. I bumped the contrast, and sharpened the image. Sad

f4



Last edited by walter g on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Here is the image at f4. They are all junk. I bumped the cotrast, and sharpened the image. Sad

f4



I am curious if you could take an image out about 4 ft away ,and upload those images @ different apertures like you did above, Focusing on the same spot each time.

Cheers


PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could. Maximum distance I can shoot with this adapter on Canon EOS is about 1.5 feet with this lens. But I will shoot another set tomorrow and make sure the focus points are the same. These were in a hurry but i believe they were at MFD, Tomorrows set will be at max focus distance.


PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get a couple shots in at f8. The first nice day I will retest this lens.This has PP. Comments and Critiques are welcome.

f8


PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resharpened.Too much?



PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a lot better than the ones from the other day. Very Happy


PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Its a lot better than the ones from the other day. Very Happy


Thanks Very Happy , that was shot at the max distance I could get with my adapter. This lens gives me less distance then my Minolta 50's. The shot below is the same plant, actually the same bloom, taken with My Minolta Rokkor X 45 f2. This shot is at f2, at max distance.

Minolta 2/45 at f2



Minolta 1.9/ 55 at f8 reposted shot for comparison of size



PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your current composition is looking ok IMO- dont see no glow . With the limited focal range I would concentrate on smaller subjects or subjects with less clutter even if they are big . I am sure you will agree that better lighting conditions would definately improve image quality. Since you are using a DSLR I would experiment taking photos from different positions / angles -to see if there are inherent increases in the picture quality.

Looking forward to more samples Very Happy


PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
I think your current composition is looking ok IMO- dont see no glow . With the limited focal range I would concentrate on smaller subjects or subjects with less clutter even if they are big . I am sure you will agree that better lighting conditions would definately improve image quality. Since you are using a DSLR I would experiment taking photos from different positions / angles -to see if there are inherent increases in the picture quality.

Looking forward to more samples Very Happy


Thanks, I will. Smile Hopefully I can make time earlier in the day. Good point about shooting at different angles, and a smaller target.
I don't see any glow either, but I'm wondering whether if it will reappear when I retest at wide open.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first image in the thread at f1.9 can be OK. It looks like the shot is misfocused. The focus is on the leafs not in the flower.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atarget wrote:
rafa1981 wrote:
The first image in the thread at f1.9 can be OK. It looks like the shot is misfocused. The focus is on the leafs not in the flower.


Just out of curiosity last night I pulled one of my Rokkor 55/1.9 and mounted it on Sammy NX1000 ( my favorite mirrorless). After I shot some small type from ca. 20 ft. I couldn't believe my eyes. That glass was tack sharp wide open as well as @ 5.6 and @8. Center AND corners. I don't see it too often and I own over 150 ( one hundred and fifty) legacy lenses....


This lens is known to be very sharp, may be the sharpest.minolta normal wide open.

I noted that some auto version lenses are sharper than the MC1 ones.

Another old rokkor great lens is the Auto/Mc1 2/100. Very good resolution, contrast and bokeh.

And the 1,9 is very good too.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC-II 55mm F/1.9 tested and reviewed
- another one nice near-fifty by Minolta