Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sample with the Komine made Vivitar 24mm F2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Sample with the Komine made Vivitar 24mm F2 Reply with quote

I'd posted some sample shots with this lens on another group & then took some more wide open of my dog resting...Though a bit soft, it's still a good performer wide open...These were @ 1/45 & F2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is look good to me, great capture!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots. Komine-made Vivs are hidden gems.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you tell if it is the Komine lens?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, skip that I just found the serial list. Looks like someone near me is selling the Tokina version so may pick that up.

http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a nice lens. I have the 135mm Viv Komine.
I tooka pic of my cat, I hope you dont mind me posting it here. I posted it on an earlier thread.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought one of these, and it's fun for street photography. Here's a three-frame panorama shot at 1/25th (I think), f2, ISO 800 on a D300. Some wild distortion on the panorama software I'm using, but you can see generally the idea on this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a 3 of over three years dead, brought back to life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Actually it's a welcome comeback, I want a 50mm equivalent on my EPL-1. Judging by samples this could be a pretty good lens. Though I'm not sure, should I save and get the Panasonic 20/1.7, or spend a fraction of the price on this one Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subfanatic wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Yeah, Google search successfully resurrects old threads with interesting lenses Wink
I've got both 24mm f/2 and 28mm f/2 with 55mm filter threads, made by Kino Precision (Kiron). Not sure about the Komine versions, yet comparing them with available photos both Kiron lenses are much sharper wide open. Contrast is a bit on the lower side, somewhat dreamy feeling due to flare in bright conditions, but I really like that character. If you don't, you can easily fix it in the post and keep nice rendering and lovely bokeh.
Vivitar 24mm f/2 (55mm filter thread, made by Kino Precision) wide open:

I had the 28/2 kiron, but sold it - didn't like the bokeh, and I hated the focusing ring had to be rotated to 270 degrees from MDF to infinity. As I understood the komine version are considered better, but on a sidenote still not even close to Canon FD 35/2 rendering, colors and sharpness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a very good lens. I have one in pk/a mount made by komine. Dreamy soft wide open but not a problem and quite good stopped down. Here, a couple of photos from some more I'd posted in the NEX forum (http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-24-2-photos-t46089.html)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another frame from this lens' closest focus (1:5):

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens as well (Komine 24/2). Mine was "dreamy" at f/2 and f/2.8 but is very good at f/4.

I posted some images before on this thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=39717&view=next