Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Akai 1:1.8/9-54 Zoom Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Akai 1:1.8/9-54 Zoom Lens Reply with quote

Hi
I bought an Akai VC-110 video recorder made in 1972 for £2 at an auction.
I bought it so that I could try and use the lens on my M4/3 camera.
However now I don't know what to do.
I don't even know what mount it is or even if it is possible.
I've managed to remove the lens from the camera with what I think includes the mounting collar as I took it off the camera from the inside of the camera. This collar also includes the viewing mirror prism. The zoom lever/stick has snapped off, I don't know if this is required to come out to help disassembly as part of it is still in the thread. Do I somehow need to get the mirror prism out, it looks like it's been locked in place with some green glue.
I know that if possible I'll have to use this lens wide open as the aperture 1.8 or 5.6 is built into the camera. It's just for fun.
I've attached some photos, please could anybody give me some advice as to what to do next or if I'm wasting my time.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Stage II Reply with quote

Hi
I've opened up the mount of this lens a little further.
I've taken out the glass prism for the optical viewfinder.

With the glass prism and without it I can use this lens like a telescope.

I then removed the green glue and took off the collar.

I was then able to remove the mounting screws and take out the prism holder and the small lens built into this.

I now cannot use this lens as a telescope as it doesn't focus. I assume that this small lens is so that an image can be viewed through the optical view finder.

Side View

There is another small lens inside the camera. I can't tell if this is a lens or just a protective piece of glass.

That sums up what I understand and have found out so far.

When looking through this lens as a telescope everything looks great.

The front element is about 50mm in diameter, it takes a 55mm filter.

It's about 70mm long focused at infinity.

The rear element is about 10mm in diameter.

The black mount section is about 45.5mm.

The zoom works internally.

I know there would be nothing available to mount this to. I don't even know what the registration is or if I need the rear removable viewing element. I've tried holding this in front of the camera to see if I can get any sort of image but nothing.

Any advice yet, with this additional info??

Thanks