Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk in Enkhuizen....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: A walk in Enkhuizen.... Reply with quote

Enkhuizen is a beautiful historic town in the Netherlands. I was there last week for my work and had a short walk between the lunch break to take some pictures. Not the best time of the day to take pictures with very sunny day but no other choice....anyway here are some (touristic) pictures, just to give an overview from this lovely town!....
(more info about Enkhuizen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enkhuizen).
1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

8/

9/

10/

11/

12/

and a pano (my first one!):

Enjoy the visit Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this lens and all the samples are sublime. Seems a very attractive little town.
And nice to see some panoramization going on in the forum Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
.....And nice to see some panoramization going on in the forum Wink

Cheers
Tobias

Mr. Tobias, You are our pano's master Laughing ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely place!
I did not know that you have the 2.8/25 ZF Distagon. How do you like the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures from a lovely city !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos Pascal, very much detailed Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your nice comments...

Orio wrote:
Lovely place!
I did not know that you have the 2.8/25 ZF Distagon. How do you like the lens?

Well Orio, you don't know eveything Rolling Eyes .....No, actualy these are my first shots with this lens (received one week ago..) Wink ...
Until now, I'm very happy with the results. It's my first ZF T* lens and the first impression when I received it was WOW, what a beautiful piece of glass and metal!!! I know now why you (and others) are so fan from Zeiss lenses Very Happy .....
This lens has quite a bad reputation on the Net (see here for exemple: http://www.photozone.de/nikon_ff/585-zeisszf2528ff?start=2 ) but I read also some better point of views from users and above that, this lens is not so difficult to found on the second hand market place and for a "relative" good price (at least when you compared with the prices of the distagon 2/28mm and 2.8/21mm!!!)......
But what is writed in the photozone's review is true, the corner are very soft wide open (and until f/4), there is also quite a lot vigneting (also till f/4), so this lens is definitively not a "perfect" lens and probably not the best lens for indoor shoots....Does it makes this lens a "looser" or is it acceptable for this price range, well I don't know, but on the other hands, the bad reputation of this lens makes the prices on the second hands market quite reasonnable .....Anyway, these "optical flaws" were not so important for me because I want to use this lens essentially for "street shoots" and landscapes so almost always between f/4 and f/11...This lens remains extremely sharp wide open in the center (picture # 3 is wide open and without any PP, not too bad I think!) and above that it can focus to a few cm from the subject, it makes the lens very fun to used and that's also one of the reason why I bought it...
So if this lens is the worst from the ZF line, I just can't imagine how good are the other one's!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

over all ... what a lens! top!

and my favorit is #3.

greets leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a lovely pictures!

I really love the pano!!!

That's one is really great but other pictures are also great..

I think the rendering is definitely Zeiss!..

tf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Leo & Stan for your kind comments Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series of Enkhuizen! In the first one you can spot the restaurant (under the Bordeaux colored sunshade) where we had a nice meal, last year.

One little thing: I'm not a fan of sharpening of extreme wide angle shots. As you can see in #2 there are a lot of sharpening artifacts. I have the same problem with my Yashica 21mm f/3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, #3 is my faforite!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots from lovely place... I love the colors from 2.8/25.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful series and a lovely town. Thanks for the tour and the demo of one of my favourite lenses

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Very Happy ...
@ Peter: Actualy, it was the first time I used this plug-in for the frame and sharpening! I have selected the "normal" option but may be was it not necessary, this lens is sharp enough without the need of extra sharpening!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
Wow, #3 is my faforite!!!

+1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1