Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Old Friend
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: An Old Friend Reply with quote

Manfrotto 144 tripod with 029 head.

It's seen a lot of use over the years.

That is a very good head with a lot of movements.
This was actually bought in '79 to contain a used Pentax 6 X 7 .
There may have been a problem with the shutter on that camera.
Out of all the tripods we tried in Queen St. camera, this was the only one that would prevent movement.
Among those tried was a very expensive Cullman that walked 4 inches with every release of the shutter.
Biggest we had on it was an 8 x 10 view camera.
This tripod served me well with the Bronica Sq-A that I was using for wedding work.
That head saved my bacon on more than one occasion with other-wise unobtainable images.

The quick release plate is a feature I no longer want to be without.

Light duty task here. I actually had an off-set arm that threaded into the top of the center column with a thumb-screw.
I'm fairly certain it was Manfrotto made, too. It came in handy for macro work with the center column reversed.
I'd like to find another to replace the one I lost.

A little humor here with the only non-phone digital I have.
For a P&S, it does most of what I ask of it.
Results can be noisy at times when I try to push it beyond what it was made for...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Manfrotto Tripods and half a dozen heads. Really the best you can buy for the price. And if you buy used - they're a bargain. I bought a part for a 50 year old tripod and its as good as new again - apart from looking beat up