Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Duflex camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Duflex camera Reply with quote

I hunt this item for a foreign buyer I think you never thought this camera easily fetch 3000-5000 USD or even more.

Looks a 10 USD item right ? Smile

Very rare and important Hungarian 35mm SLR with viewfinder, first reflex camera to have a metal steel sheet focal plane shutter and eye level view finder, using a special Porro Type image erector. This camera is also known by the introduction of the instant return mirror and the automatic diafragm, at least ten years before these features became of common use.

This camera uses a specially built normal lens, but accepts all telephoto lenses of Contax rangefinder due the small lens register for a reflex camera.

Conceived, developed and built by Jeno Dulovits, at Gamma Works of Budapest, in 1942. He was the previous inventor of DUTO soft lenses. DUTO= (Jeno DUlovits + Mikos TÓth = partnership in 1930) these were filter-like lenses that contained in a Fresnel-like finish a slight positive and a slight negative diopters. That way you always have one sharp focused image and two slight defocused images of the main subject. Invariably, other points at the image, not the main subject, will be in focus, a nearer one, and a farther one. This means increased depth of focus and more quantity of focused images.

In 1950 years, the Russian State Optics Institute, developed high aperture lenses with exceptional depth of focus doing such proceedings, directly at the front lens element. Such procedures, although proved to be of too costly at manufacturing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice camera! Smile

I see that this is photographed on a flea/antique market of some sort. Did you find it there?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Wow, nice camera! Smile

I see that this is photographed on a flea/antique market of some sort. Did you find it there?

Yes, but I couldn't buy it , due high price. It is hunted for a US customer order, perhaps he will buy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find, Attila. I knew of the camera through an article in a dutch magazine and because I had connections with a photo club in Gödöllö of the same name.

The apparent condition of the camera would make me hesitant to pay a lot for it though..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
The apparent condition of the camera would make me hesitant to pay a lot for it though..

Sure me to either, but believe or not believe this is on nicest side, it is made from soft alu, most camera what I seen looking much more badly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
Interesting find, Attila. I knew of the camera through an article in a dutch magazine and because I had connections with a photo club in Gödöllö of the same name.

Indeed, I still remember it from the "Camera Beurs" magazine (or was it already renamed to "Camera Magazine" then?). A very important museum piece because it is one of the earliest 35mm SLRs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Duflex body and Artar 50mm 3.5 lens I just had CLAs. Everything turned out wonderfully, however the lens is missing the internal linkage for the automatic diaphragm return. It must be some sort of arm that is missing. I know this is such a huge long shot as there were only 550 of these ever made, but does anyone have a picture of the inside of this lens or the Gammar 50mm 3.5 or possibly a diagram? I think there might be one in the book buy Zoltan Fejer, Hungarian Cameras, but I am hard pressed to find a copy anywhere. Thanks for any help anyone might have!