Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Solms Camera Fair Dec 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Solms Camera Fair Dec 2012 Reply with quote

Sorry, not photos today. Sad

I went to Solms, to the camera fair yesterday together with a very good friend of mine, also photography enthusiast.
He had never been there before.

But since I know so many Leica guys meanwhile, I was talking most of the time instead of taking photos.

The price are somewhat stable but on a very high level.

Markus, the friend I went there with, was amazed. "It's a completely different world!", he said.

The first thing we saw was a guy, mid-50s, who without hesitation and without any haggling took €1200,- out of his purse and bought two lenses. Shocked Just like that. As nonchalantly as I would buy a 2€-toy for my kids. Incredible! Laughing

Anyway, I have found some items, despite the high average prices.

1. An original foldable lens hood for my Summitar 50.
2. An original Leica UV/IR cut filter 39mm for my M8.
3. A rear protection for my 5Dclassic. I have never seen such a thing before. It's really clever!
4. An Olympus OM-Zuiko 2.8/100 in very nice condition. Why did I buy that one? Because it looks like a 50mm lens and I thought it would be perfect for my NEXes. When I came home and took the first shots on my NEX-7, I went like "WOW!". That lens is fantastic! (On my 5D the Zuiko combo 2.8/35, 1.4/50 and 2.8/100 is a pretty nice basic set, isn't it?)

I'll show photos later...

BTW, almost everybody was ranting about "those Asian (=Chinese) guys" who are said to spoil the fun because they pay almost every price and that they ruin the German market, but then again all the dealers, who first agreed, were very happy about their Chinese buyers. Laughing Somewhat of a dilemma. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos:

SOOPD (foldable lens hood)

5D protector

Zuiko 2.8/100

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had fun Carsten. Did you get that Zuiko for bargain?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Looks like you had fun Carsten. Did you get that Zuiko for bargain?

Not really. I paid €70,- for it. That's a lot, but not too bad, I guess.
However, when I saw its peformance at home, I realized it is worth every penny of it.
And as far as size is concerned a great match for the NEX-7.

We went to Leica (the headquarters) after the fair, looked at the camera cabinet, the photo exhibition and talked to a very nice person there. He told us things I didn't know about Leica.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Solms Camera Fair Dec 2012 Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

BTW, almost everybody was ranting about "those Asian (=Chinese) guys" who are said to spoil the fun because they pay almost every price and that they ruin the German market, but then again all the dealers, who first agreed, were very happy about their Chinese buyers. Laughing Somewhat of a dilemma. Wink

Smile
Today they do so about lenses. Tomorrow they will rise the prices of primary food. Here's something to think about hoping not to
ruin the Sunday for those who have children. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Solms Camera Fair Dec 2012 Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
without any haggling took €1200,- out of his purse and bought two lenses. :

600 each doesnt sound too bad in Leicaland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Solms Camera Fair Dec 2012 Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
without any haggling took €1200,- out of his purse and bought two lenses. :

600 each doesnt sound too bad in Leicaland

Well, those weren't Leica lenses. A Voigtländer and some other lens. Couldn't see which one.
But that particular dealer did not offer any Leica stuff, so I know, it wasn't Leica. Wink