Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

plz help indentify this Soligor 200mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: plz help indentify this Soligor 200mm f3.5 Reply with quote

i have recently got this lens from my friend.

it's a "auto Soligor 200mm f3.5"

i just remove the adapter (see pic) , it seems like a canon FD mount adapter,

if i want to use this lens on my nikon camera, what kind of adapter should i buy ??

Surprised Surprised Surprised

Last edited by dudu431 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: plz help indentify this Soligor 200mm f3.5 Reply with quote

dudu431 wrote:
i have recently got this lens from my friend.

it's a "auto Soligor 200mm f3.5"

i just remove the adapter (see pic) , it seems like a canon FD mount adapter,

if i want to use this lens on my nikon camera, what kind of adapter should i buy ??

Surprised Surprised Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
It's Canon FD, unusable on Nikon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: plz help indentify this Soligor 200mm f3.5 Reply with quote

more pics added,

it seems that this FD mount is a adapter, too. Rolling Eyes

someone told me it's a T mount with a canon FD adapter , but not sure Question

or i should look for a FD to Nikon adapter, if i want to use it on my nikon Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!
It's Canon FD, unusable on Nikon.

thanks for helping! Razz

seems i must get one FD to Nikon adapter Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not a removable mount I'm afraid. You can't get usable Canon FD to Nikon mounts, so sell it and buy a Nikon mount version instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thats not an adapter. Thats just how the Canon FD mount is made.

Its not an expensive lens, so if you want to test your mount adapting skill this is a good lens to experiment with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
You can't get usable Canon FD to Nikon mounts...

Well, you can buy them. See here.

Of course a glass element is required to achieve infinity and this will act as a teleconverter; Fotodiox specify a conversion of x1.4. And there might be an unacceptable effect on image quality. But some people are aware of these problems, and they do use the adapters to help them take pictures - a flickr search will reveal examples.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
You can't get usable Canon FD to Nikon mounts...

Well, you can buy them. See here.

Of course a glass element is required to achieve infinity and this will act as a teleconverter; Fotodiox specify a conversion of x1.4. And there might be an unacceptable effect on image quality. But some people are aware of these problems, and they do use the adapters to help them take pictures - a flickr search will reveal examples.

Fair point, I should have written "You can't get adapters that don't compromise image quality and lens speed".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all ! Smile

problem solved!