Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 20D not firing immediately after Clicking..........
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Canon 20D not firing immediately after Clicking.......... Reply with quote

Hai All,

I have a Canon 20D, bought it used about 6 months back. Now a days i am facing a problem with it, the camera is not firing immediately after i click the button.After i click the button the camera taking at least 1-2 seconds to take picture. Do i have to check some thing particularly? Shall i can check it my self or to be given to the service centre? Any body have any idea about this problem.?? Pls help... Thanks for your input...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question, but... have you accidentally put the 2s shutter timer on?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but... have you accidentally put the 2s shutter timer on?

not a stupid question, it happened to me too Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be from a sticking shutter release button.
You can check it if you put a cable remote control. If it fires ok with the remote shutter release then it needs to be serviced.

If the repair is costly (there is a video on youtube) you can put a battery grip - it has it's own shutter release button on it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:

I am not very new in Photography, keeping shutter speed on 2 sec and complaning. Smile
The problem is genuine, i have to press the button for 1-2 seconds, then only its taking the image, the prob started just one week back. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std gave a good advice
test with remote control
if there is no probleme, it may be a buttom probleme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the problem that you press the shutter button, release it and then it takes a picture, or is the problem that you press the shutter button, and that, while you press the button for some time, that it takes a picture at that time?

In the last case: I had the same problem with my D10. I solved it by cleaning the inside of the shutter button. I blew some canned air inside not opening the camera, just through the tiny space between the button and the body), and took some thick paper and got it also in the same area, going around the button.

I did this procedure each time before going to shoot, and now it doesn't have any problems anymore.
Kind regards,
Filip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngcoby wrote:
Is the problem that you press the shutter button, release it and then it takes a picture, or is the problem that you press the shutter button, and that, while you press the button for some time, that it takes a picture at that time?

In the last case: I had the same problem with my D10. I solved it by cleaning the inside of the shutter button. I blew some canned air inside not opening the camera, just through the tiny space between the button and the body), and took some thick paper and got it also in the same area, going around the button.

I did this procedure each time before going to shoot, and now it doesn't have any problems anymore.
Kind regards,
Filip

Yes i have the same problem, i have to press the button for some sec, then only it will take pic. It might be some prob with the button or some other issue.............

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think it is some bad contact under the button itself.

Try with some thick paper going underneath it, and blow some canned air through it some time.

It worked for me.

The other option is to clean the whole thing: there is a youtube movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAWGScQeC5g

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sajualex1 wrote:
Riku wrote:

I am not very new in Photography, keeping shutter speed on 2 sec and complaning. Smile
The problem is genuine, i have to press the button for 1-2 seconds, then only its taking the image, the prob started just one week back. Sad

Shutter _Timer_ set at 2 sec, not shutter speed 2 sec. Wink