Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 complete with Hair on Aperture Blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 complete with Hair on Aperture Blades Reply with quote

Hi All

I've just noticed a hair inside my Jupiter 9, unfortunately it looks like a dog hair but I'm not sure. When I open and close the aperture the hair moves around with it. The hair is on the front side of the blades. I've been on the tinternet looking at how to service it and one method caught my eye.

Edit: this lens can be unscrewed into two parts without any tool. Focus to minimum distance, and unscrew the front part (including aperture rings) counter clockwise.

First, will the above work and second will I be able to get at the hair to remove?

As always your answers will be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've unscrewed the lens but unfortunately it's still sealed by the front and back elements, ah well looks like I'll have to invest in a Lens Repair Tool to remove elements.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the back group of elements unscrews just with your hand.
and you can access the aperture the second you remove it.
then with some air blower you can blow out the hair.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:

Ah didn't realise that, thanks for the tip Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noddywithoutbigears wrote:
Smoli4 wrote:

Ah didn't realise that, thanks for the tip Very Happy

Thanks for the advice managed to remove the hair and clean some oil of the blades Smile