Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FD to EOS conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: FD to EOS conversion Reply with quote

Hello, guys! I'm new to these forums, so sorry if I'm doubling one of the threads. I'm a big MF lenses fan, and I use them mostly for video works on my 7D and 60D. Recently I found just like new Canon FD 50mm 1.2 lens and I'd like to convert it to EOS mount. I don't want to go with any of the adaptors, I just need a permanent FD to EOS conversion. Can someone recommend a company or someone who could do it?
Thanx!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send an email to Trifox, he's doing that kind of conversion.
Here is a link to my Canon FD 35/2.8 TS converted by him

http://forum.mflenses.com/infinity-test-and-others-canon-fd-35-ts-f2-8-t44513.html

His company's address is in the signature.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdMika also sells conversion kits for the 1.2/50 lens:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EdMika-Tilt-Shift-TS-35mm-2-8-FD-EOS-brass-adapter-conversion-kit-/170742432321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27c10ac241#ht_981wt_1396

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lenses done by Eddie at here: http://www.thelensdoctor.co.uk

He does a great job Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like EdMinka's 50 1.2 kit is not available now, only 35mm TS for now...
thanx for links, but all those guys are in UK, and I'm in Canada. Shipping back & forth would be more than 50$ probably...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Montreal as you already noticed.
Shipping was $55 both ways.
Nobody said it's cheap having a lens converted.
Unless you're doing it yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrote masseges to all of those guys, no answer still...looking for someone esle who can do the conversion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Trifox based entirely on personal experience with several FD/FL conversions to EOS for me.

He's active in this forum so maybe if he still hasn't replied to your direct contact he's very busy?

Just a helpful suggestion: unless you're capable of doing the work yourself and just need a supplier of components, you might have to come to terms with the likelihood that you're not going to drop the lens off somewhere today and collect it tomorrow. Also as has already been mentioned it isn't a low cost process particularly if you want to entrust your lens to a craftsman who will take your lens and treasure it.

Which reminds me of another issue with conversions. You're dealing with a piece of old kit with all kinds of hidden wear and tear issues which will need to be worked around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewTaran wrote:
it looks like EdMinka's 50 1.2 kit is not available now, only 35mm TS for now...
thanx for links, but all those guys are in UK, and I'm in Canada. Shipping back & forth would be more than 50$ probably...

I think Ed Mika makes conversion kits for the 55mm f/1.2 versions only!