Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

xxx to EOS adapters and the various AF confirm chips..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: xxx to EOS adapters and the various AF confirm chips.. Reply with quote

Since discovering you can use old lenses on EOS gear I've been keeping my eyes on the local online classifieds and scooping up groups of lenses whenever someone puts a 'Box o' Lenses' up for sale..

Ive now got a small collection of m42, OM and a Vivitar TX lenses sitting here (as well as, unfortunately, an FD and an MC mount) .. and no adapters as of yet..

I was looking over eBay last night and was semi-overwhelmed with the selection..

Are there big quality differences between the unmarked brands of simple mount adapters?

I notice that the units without chips can be had very cheaply.. where the chip units start at ~30 USD..

I was thinking to buy a handful of the basic adapters, play with the lenses I have, and if something truly stands out, then buck up for an AF chip equipped adapter for it.. opinions?

thanks,

Brett