Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

anyone who knows information for kern 75 1.9 macro ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: anyone who knows information for kern 75 1.9 macro ? Reply with quote

regarding the macro mode,how much is the minimum focus distance?

how much is the amplification ratio ?

how to enter the macro mode? many thanks.

Last edited by angara on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A superb lens, highly recommended! Pictures shot with it are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157625264545119/

Macro mode goes to about 60cm (2ft) and you just continue to turn the focusing ring (it has a multi turn helicoid). On my GH2 you see horizontally 130mm which fills the sensor horizontally.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Many many thanks! Reply with quote

Dear KDS315

Great pic.

To rotate the focus ring to past 1.5m where the red colored body can be seen?

I read from the web the amplification ratio is 3:1. Does it implies that it could magnify object 3 times?Or just one third?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Many many thanks! Reply with quote

angara wrote:
Dear KDS315

Great pic.

To rotate the focus ring to past 1.5m where the red colored body can be seen?

I read from the web the amplification ratio is 3:1. Does it implies that it could magnify object 3 times?Or just one third?

Yes, in macro mode, the collar has a red indicator showing to make clear that the meter scales are not valid in macro mode.
I don't know what you mean by "amplification", maybe you mean "magnification"? That depends on the camera (sensor size) used. Very different from using it on a 16mm film camera (once was the intended use). On my Lumix GH2 with a 17.3 x 13.0mm sensor, the max. magnification is 17.3mm / 130mm = 0.13x or 1:7.5

For my macro work it was pretty good still:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it. It is something like close up.

you are right for magnification.

Gorgeous photo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is not real "macro" which per our standards in Germany starts from 1:1 onwards.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: thanks again. I'd like to buy a NEX-7 for the amazing ker 75 Reply with quote

thanks again. I'd like to buy a NEX-7 for the amazing kern 75

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have that lens or are looking for one for your Nex?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Yeah.I have the lens. I'd like to bu a NEX-7.Thanks. Reply with quote

Yeah.I have the lens. I'd like to buy a NEX-7.Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why then all these questions? You could have found that out yourself without me having to do it??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear kds315,

Very sorry for the late response.

I have the Macro 75 1.9. While I don't have the camera body of C mount or NEX,which is on my wish list of 2012.

One of my friend ever tried my 75 macro using Nex-5. He didn't found how to use the macro function,neither do I.

That's why I am here to ask for help. Is it clear?

regards and thanks