Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 300mm f2.8 FD mount - early edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Tokina 300mm f2.8 FD mount - early edition Reply with quote

Once bought this from Japan. I no longer have it now... Mad Sold it after a few months. Foolish...!!
Wish I kept it as now it can be adapted/used easily.

Looks very much like a Canon 300/2.8 L clone!! Shocked
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/300mm.htm

I got into a lot of hot waters when I tried to sell it. People accused me of trying to cheat them! Crying or Very sad I guess that non-OEM "Canon" hood did not help the situation. Laughing

I replaced it with a Nikon mount instead.
(this black version of the photo is not mine)

Last edited by stingOM on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens! People... what can I say...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have membership, you can see it here: Crying or Very sad
http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic.php?id=5980

look at the trouble I went into describing the lens!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
If you have membership, you can see it here: Crying or Very sad
http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic.php?id=5980

look at the trouble I went into describing the lens!!!

Copy and paste here I don't have access there and new registration is disabled.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is in "mht" format. It is very long posting...

Needs to be downloaded and viewed using Windows Explorer.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4mhAog_f4TvZjdmMGU5YzUtN2FhNC00NmFmLThjNTItNDJjOGYwZTYzM2Ri

You can see some responders' tone were harsh IMO. I know I was very inexperience seller at that time. But still, no need for that I think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read it carefully and it is confused me too. Label on lens Canon FD ATX and looks like a gray canon L lens makes anybody confuses who don't know this lens. As an independent eye I agree with members there who did found it very confusing and looks like a scam.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did read it carefully and it is confused me too. Label on lens Canon FD ATX and looks like a gray canon L lens makes anybody confuses who don't know this lens. As an independent eye I agree with members there who did found it very confusing and looks like a scam.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

First, no one commented on the details I went into describing the lens and the amount of photos I supplied to show it.

Makes me think I should have kept this lens even just for its collector's value as it is a unique time in Tokina's lens making history.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If finally you could sell it never mind, so many great lens out there which is still not ours Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If finally you could sell it never mind, so many great lens out there which is still not ours Wink

You are right Attila. I made a small lost re-selling...But at least I got a replacement very shortly after that..Still have this today. I will make a point of taking it out next summer. Thanks!

Gallery:
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/stingOM/Tokina%20300mm%20Images/

My favorite:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so lovely!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks a great lens. Another for the wish list. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
First, no one commented on the details I went into describing the lens and the amount of photos I supplied to show it.

Well, it is a lesson that people really don't read these posts before asking questions. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
.................. Makes me think I should have kept this lens even just for its collector's value as it is a unique time in Tokina's lens making history.

I agree. Very unique version of this great lens, had never seen one like this before...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the contact detail of the German gentleman who bought it from me. But I doubt he will be willing to re-sell! Confused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man!! why did you sell it!

tf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
oh man!! why did you sell it!

tf

That was before the time when I became knowledgeable about lenses and did not know about this forum and that you exits for lens conversion! Wink