Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Takumar 35mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Super-Takumar 35mm f2 Reply with quote

Apertures @f 2 or f2.8

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ! Is this the first version with the big front element ?

Eric

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erkie wrote:
Very nice ! Is this the first version with the big front element ?

Eric

No this is the 2nd version , with the 49mm filter ring but not the SMC. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, any shots with a bit more distance to the subject? 5-10 feet/2-4Meters
Do you have the 3.5 version too? which do you prefer? Or anyone else have both?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I like your examples, with any lenses, you've got a great taste Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I have both versions (35/2 and 35/3.5) and on FF camera little f3,5 is great lens. It works a lot better than Tak 35/2. Takumar 35/2 (I have Super Tak 35/2 with 49mm filter) has a lot more CA and softer borders at any settings. I could be that my copy is not great, but I am not satisfied with that lens. On crop camera (pentax K20d) the difference is not that big and two lenses are equal with speed advantage of 35/2.

Photo with S-M-C Takumar 35 f3,5 wide open on Eos5dmkII

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dfujevec"]
Lightshow wrote:

Photo with S-M-C Takumar 35 f3,5 wide open on Eos5dmkII

Holy mother of beautiful pictures, 3D, bokeh and awesomeness...
That's one of the best photographs I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that picture is great, an S-M-C might do the trick.
My 35/3.5 would turn that image into a flat lifeless snapshot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picture with the key-locks, but I do not like the bokeh in the first examples, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Photo with S-M-C Takumar 35 f3,5 wide open on Eos5dmkII***

HUH! that is too good to be true...my monitor must be tuned to Tak shots Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments!

I use S-M-C Tak 35/3,5 for street photos and usualy wide open. Wide open is already sharp enough for street shots. At f5,6 is very sharp from corner to corner (FF corners). If I need more speed I use Tokina 35/2 which is very good at f2-2,8. So my Takumar 35/2 is waiting for better times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples guys! Lockers are especially good!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RTI
LucisPictor wrote:
I like the picture with the key-locks, but I do not like the bokeh in the first examples, I'm afraid.

The locks are superlative. I can understand you not liking the bokeh- its a personal taste thing Very Happy -its not my favorite bokeh either. Very Happy

Attila wrote:
Excellent samples guys! Lockers are especially good!

The locks are amazing "dfujevec" , crisp ,lovely colors- whats the story on the locks? Very Happy

Lightshow wrote:

Heres some in that range -taken wide open -fresh from the factory Very Happy.

Yes I have the SMC 3.5 version-which is excellent as you can tell from "dfujevec"'s example

Here are some from my SMC Takumar 3.5/35 taken last year; I find the lens very sharp even wide open and very nice for landscapes.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the S-M-C version, but I'm not sure if I like it yet! Coupled with my K100D the images were, well, soft and not very inspiring. Perhaps it was the small viewfinder and I was having an off day...must try it on the 5D Smile

Actually, I quite like the gloves picture Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I have the S-M-C version, but I'm not sure if I like it yet! Coupled with my K100D the images were, well, soft and not very inspiring. Perhaps it was the small viewfinder and I was having an off day...must try it on the 5D Smile

Actually, I quite like the gloves picture Laughing

I think #2 and #3 are quite nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
The locks are amazing "dfujevec" , crisp ,lovely colors- whats the story on the locks? Very Happy

The story is that couples want to lock their love forever.

I must admit that Super Takumar 35/2 was one of disappointments when I put him on FF camera. On other hand Takumar 35/3,5 was a suprise. On Pentax K20d that difference was not so evident.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Tak 35mm f3.5 is a very good lens as well

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfujevec wrote:

I have both versions (35/2 and 35/3.5) and on FF camera little f3,5 is great lens. It works a lot better than Tak 35/2...

great picture!

I use on Pentax APS-C and the 2/35 ( S-M-C ) doesn't impress me, tough it's ok. It has the obvious speed and shallow dof advantage, but it hasn't the wow factor of the little f3.5 ( Super Tak )

have not used them much both, not use 35mm lenses much, and an Auto Tak f3.5 has stolen the attention, sharp as hell as well and with these weird, stunning colors

Last edited by kuuan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really must start using my Super Tak 3.5/35. I think it's been in my collection for over a year now and has never been put to a camera. Sacrilege, I know.

There is a post on the Pentax Forums discussing the difference between the single/early transitional multi-coatings and the true S-M-C lenses: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/48870-super-takumar-vs-super-multi-coated-takumar-coatings.html

To summarize very quickly, the Takumar 3.5/35mm is one of the best in term of flare resistance. And the S-M-C makes only a minor, 0.11% difference, in this regard (from 0.73% to 0.62%).

Looks to be a very solid performer!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfujevec wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:

The story is that couples want to lock their love forever.

I must admit that Super Takumar 35/2 was one of disappointments when I put him on FF camera. On other hand Takumar 35/3,5 was a suprise. On Pentax K20d that difference was not so evident.

Wow quite a nice story -a pilgrimage every lover ought to take. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, could you guys start saying some nice things about the S-M-C 2/35? I will be selling mine soon, and my SuperTak 3.5/35, and you're ruining my pitch! Smile

Love the locks picture and the story.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Excuse me, could you guys start saying some nice things about the S-M-C 2/35? I will be selling mine soon, and my SuperTak 3.5/35, and you're ruining my pitch! Smile

Love the locks picture and the story.

the S-M-C f2/35mm is a good lens Wink
and I mean it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the pentax K35/2, newer, one of the best.
35mm in crop sensor at f2 can produce full figure portraits with blurred background.
28 too, but i have to stay closer to subject.

Nice pics you have.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

the S-M-C f2/35mm is a good lens Wink

on APS-C sensor Pentax *istDs

won't compete with a good 50 on FF, it's a 35mm, and can't do anything about faulty focusing and high ISO noise Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2- very much. Looks like an excellent lens the SMC.