Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 58 f2 repair question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Biotar 58 f2 repair question Reply with quote

Hello everyone, what a great site! I am on the path to going back to manual focus lenses, primarily Zeiss glass as that is what I use on my Contax 645 and love the look they create. It doesn't hurt to have a p45+ to shoot to also! ; )

I picked up a Biotar, and have succeeded (!) in removing the back mount and focusing ring and have stupidly not been able to figure out how to get this back together. It is in M42 mount.

Can I remove the spring loaded pin sticking out the back without harm? I will be using this lens with a Canon 20D.

No matter what I try I just can not figure out how to get this lens back together. Please help, I would love to be able to use this lens versus picking up a Helios 44, but if I can't fix it, that's what I will do.

Is there any major difference in the look between the Helios and the Biotar?

I will post some examples of my work soon, sorry my first post had to be one asking for help!

Cheers

tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard!
Biotar 58mm f2 disassemble is fairly easy it's not glued inside if you see something is removable you can do it, inside it has black powder to avoid reflection if opened easy to remove by cleaning and lens will be not same than before. Why you would disassemble ?