Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Componon 1:4/28 (enlarger)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Componon 1:4/28 (enlarger) Reply with quote

Some tests handheld in natural light, mostly w o (wind, poor light of this autumn-july)
A beauty, IMO
The lens is just taped on a Nikon's K1
(it has no rear thread, but a front thread)
(zero pp)

(the lens is w o here)

(100%)

(100%)

(Those were done quickly ; A better photographer will have better results)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: 28mm Componon Reply with quote

You're way too modest! These images are wonderful.

This is a very sharp lens. What aperture did use?

Was this a broken lens? You say it has no rear threads. All my Componon's have leica thread mounts on the back.

P.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some also had M25 threads. Are you sure there isn't a retaining ring covering the threads? That's what mine had.

Last edited by walter g on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hardly to believe that the lens has no rearthread as that is what you need to mount it on an enlarger. The thread can be M39 or a small M25 on a Scheider lens. So there is reason to search the backside another time!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Embarassed I typed to fast. Should of been M25 not M35. I edited the post to correct it.

The style retaining ring mine has completly covers the threads, it has 2 notches in it for removal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive macros, great results with this 28mm !
how do you make precise focus with the Nex, you just keep it handled or do you use some support ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these, beautiful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
It is hardly to believe that the lens has no rearthread as that is what you need to mount it on an enlarger. The thread can be M39 or a small M25 on a Scheider lens. So there is reason to search the backside another time!

Yes, I misspoke as well, some of my Componons have a 25mm thread that is in turn threaded into an M39 adapter. This makes these lenses very easy to mount up. Just go M39-M42 and onto the end of a bellows or helicoid extension tube. Piece of cake!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all : Thx

To all : Ok guys, I'll remove the tape, and I'll photograph the lens so that you can understand better ;
The rear of the lens is a totally flat plate, the thread on the other side , the front side of the lens ;
So I imagine that we can reach the head of a specific enlarger and that you have to screw the lens through a bored plate of a hole in the medium, the lens toward the photographic paper.
(Sorry, but my english is at his maximum, actually Laughing )
A picture will do the job better Laughing

To pdccameras : All the enlarger's lenses are sharp
Aperture : wide open f4, so obviously there isn't enough DOF
I've done many macro shots with (many sort of) flash, but...I want now, to use the natural light characteristics
Here's an example with the lens stopped down in bright sun (at least, at last...) :

100%

To poilu : 100 % handheld. That's THE point, with these light weight solutions ! It's a fix focus lens, so you move backward and frontward.
The firmware update of the Nex is a tremendous help !
Of course you're very close to the subject, and it's not really easy...Wink
BTW You can consider that there is no macro ring here, the lens is inside the K1 (the K1 is narrow) , I just use the Nikon F register

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a 4/28 which has a focusing ring Shocked Other end is M39. It was a bargain, really: 20 €. Anyone know something about this model? I test-mounted it on a Nex body cap and it's brilliant, not only at close distances. It now focuses from approx. 2 m to (a little further than) infinity. Just very slight vignetting, which can easily be taken care of with Cornerfix. It should be an enlarging lens, shouldn't it? [img]

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry tibi wrote:
I recently bought a 4/28 which has a focusing ring Shocked Other end is M39. It was a bargain, really: 20 €. Anyone know something about this model? I test-mounted it on a Nex body cap and it's brilliant, not only at close distances. It now focuses from approx. 2 m to (a little further than) infinity. Just very slight vignetting, which can easily be taken care of with Cornerfix. It should be an enlarging lens, shouldn't it? [img]

[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schneider Componons are pretty good enlarger lenses, especially the Apo-Componon HM types Wink

Nice shots you got!