Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon UV Topcor 28mm f4 on Oly EPL1 (quick test)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Topcon UV Topcor 28mm f4 on Oly EPL1 (quick test) Reply with quote

This is a quick report on my Topcon UV 28mm f4 lens. I've made a custom adaptor from a Minolta MD to micro-4/3 adapter and the Topcon UV mount (which includes the aperture control) from an IC1 camera . The mount is easily removed from the camera as it is held on with three M1.6 screws.

To combine the two parts I made two rings from 3mm thick aluminium plate. One ring is screwed to the micro-4/3 adapter in place of the MD mount ring. The other plate is a spacer and the UV mount is screwed through it into the first plate. No permanent modifications were made to either the UV mount or the adapter. The thickness of the two plates is just a whisker too much but I was able to get infinity focus by adjusting the lens.

First some pictures of the lens and mount adapter. Then some test shots taken today in the late afternoon sun (just before sunset). All the shots were taken at f5.6. The only adjustments were a small levels correction (the camera seems to underexpose with this lens) and a small contrast boost on a few pictures).

The lens is certainly sharp (but at f5.6 one would hope so). Whilst I find nothing to particularly dislike in the pictures, I find nothing particularly special. This might be down to my limited skills and/or the available light and subject matter (there's not a huge amount of colour around at the moment).

I also have a UV Topcor 135mm f4 (it came with the IC1 camera) and a Hi Topcor 50mm f2 (which I posted some wide open shots with last summer - that was before I had made the adapter). I've read many times that the UV Topcors (unlike RE lenses) are nothing special (and are limited to relatively slow max apertures), but they came my way for very little money and are pretty lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hei, I like the rendering of this lens ! And the Oly does a very good job !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever! Thank you for sharing!