Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16mm and a Tamron SP shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Zenitar 16mm and a Tamron SP shot Reply with quote

A spare fifteen minutes after parking the car this morning. I had two of my favourite lenses with me, the Zenitar 16mm and the Tamron SP 35-210mm.

Yellow and Grey Tamron SP 35-210mm at 35mm f5.6

Zenitar 16mm at f4

Zenitar 16mm at f4

Zenitar At f4 1/20 sec

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tamronadaptall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice shots, Rob!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of these pictures. That Tamron at 35mm does a good job. Your Zenitar at F4 appears to be quite sharp. Are you using a full frame camera?
Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like composition in first one.
I'll enter soon in the in the club of the Tamron proud owners.
Sorin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I like composition in first one.
I'll enter soon in the in the club of the Tamron proud owners.
Sorin

Congratulation Sorin! Tamron lenses are fantastic really.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lads, it must have been one of my better days.

The SP 35-210 is a great lens and so handy with that range of FL. I have just posted a pin sharp Squirrel photo and 100% crop from it on the Adaptall Gallery.

The Zenitar seems alright at f4 but can soften up when wide open. I shoot on Pentax K100D = 1.5 crop factor, because of the fisheye distortion it gives a FOV of about 21mm. the shots above have been straightened in PT lens. I think some have a problem focusing the Zenitar. If you look at the lens the next mark to infinity is 1.2 meters, thats 1 point 2 not 12! unless you are going real close you hardly move the focus from the infinity mark. For most shots focus movement is 6mm at the most. Its a lovely lens.
A point that may interest Zenitar owner is that you can fit a 60mm step ring to the lens. I have 60mm to 62 on it and an UV filter to save that front element. I didn't take it off for the above shots.