Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Munchen Auto D Quinaron 35mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen Auto D Quinaron 35mm f2.8 Reply with quote

For these day i found this two lens at a second hand shop.
Steinheil Munchen Auto D-Quinaron 35mm f2.8 and Steinheil Munchen Auto D Tele Quinar 135mm f2.8.
The 35mm is in virtual new condition and the 135 got some fungus Sad I had opened it and clean it but there is some litle marks of fungus left....btw:does any one knows how to remove them? The first tests shows me a fantastic bokeh and sharpness at wide open! For now i can say it´s the best two lens that i have!!!

The follow images were taken all wide open and without any post production,only resize .

Steinheil Munchen Auto D Tele Quinar 135mm f2.8

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

135mm

Steinheil Munchen Auto D-Quinaron 35mm f2.8

35mm

Last edited by picareto on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35 looks like it could be fun, more pics please.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice couple of very good lenses.

Like to watch some pics with both lenses at 4, 5,6 and 8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fungus :
Try cold cream on the glass, let it all night long, remove next day with q-tip and lighter fluid.
Or try vitroceramic cleaner.

Else you can try to expose the lens to UV light (black UV lamp or sun for 5 days).

Steinheil München Tele-Quinar 135 is a wonderful lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank´s everybody. I will try later at small apertures to see what they can offer and then i will post it here.
Olivier,by now i will not open it again but i appreciate you tip and i will try it later for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picareto, you have 2 very nice lenses, and I like the bokeh of them both.

I would not hesitate about buying other Steinheil Munchen lenses if I see any as they do seem very good.

As for fungus, on a Pentax lens I purchased (really fungused up, fungus shown on this forum somewhere), I just used a very small amount of lighter fluid on a micro fibre cloth and rubbed very gently on the infected element.

Looking forward to seeing more example shots using your 2 Steinheil Munchen lenses, congrats on the find.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Steinheil Munchen Reply with quote

picareto wrote:
Steinheil Munchen Auto D-Quinaron 35mm f2.8 and Steinheil Munchen Auto D Tele Quinar 135mm f2.8.
The 35mm is in virtual new condition and the 135 got some fungus Sad I had opened it and clean it but there is some litle marks of fungus left....

Fungus produces acid that eats coating. When fungus is removed traces are left. You cannot remove them. Sometimes you're able to polish them. Using toothpaste for instance. Those intended for sensitive teeth works best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Pancolart i think that traces were left indeed..... because that image of cracked glass has almost desapear.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picareto wrote:
Yes Pancolart i think that traces were left indeed..... because that image of cracked glass has almost desapear.

Don't bother yourself with it. It has zero impact on image quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
picareto wrote:

Don't bother yourself with it. It has zero impact on image quality.

Wink I know ....but i´m a perfectionist Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use built in upload instead of imageshack.... this topic will readable several years later and images usually deleted within a few months from image sharing services.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Please use built in upload instead of imageshack.... this topic will readable several years later and images usually deleted within a few months from image sharing services.

ok i will

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Look forward more Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following tests were probably not the best....it was a bit later (20:09h) and i had used necessarily the tripod because of the lower shutter speed and there was a small wind too....only adjust the contrast and the saturation and resize them.Waiting for your coments and i keep the promise of upload more in better light conditions.

Steinheil munchen auto D quinaron 35mm

iso 125 1/50s f2,8

iso 125 1/25s f4

iso 125 1/13s f5,6

iso 125 1/8s f8

iso125 1/5s f11

iso125 1/4s f16

iso125 1/3.3 f22

Last edited by picareto on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sharpens up quite a bit at f8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F8 usually my choice in general, most lens perform best at F8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
F8 usually my choice in general, most lens perform best at F8.

I don't have steady hands and I try to keep my ISO at 100. That leaves me with only other option of wide aperture. I will have to start using a tripod or monopod to lower my shutter speed and start shooting at f8.

The best lens that I have is Nikkor 50mm f2. That's pretty sharp no matter what aperture.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, pros use tripod anyway , I confirm Nikon 50mm f2 greatness, another thing what easy miss narrow dof at wider aperture, usally I make a sure series at F8 and if done I try some wider.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F2.8
litle sharpness and contrast applied