Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 2.8/24 fake label by Cosina?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Kiron 2.8/24 fake label by Cosina? Reply with quote

This got me puzzled: Click here to see on Ebay
Obviously COSINA made but... I guess Cosina had special company department for "acquisition" of expired brands. Speculating only Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron, the marketing company, continued selling lenses after Kino Precision, the optical company, left the business. I have also seen a Kiron 28-70 zoom that was obviously not a Kino made lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Kiron, the marketing company, continued selling lenses after Kino Precision, the optical company, left the business. I have also seen a Kiron 28-70 zoom that was obviously not a Kino made lens.

I have a copy of this lens, it's so bad I've put it in the box of crap that is 'open to offers' when I'm selling at the Camera Fair. I'd sell it for pennies.

It's one of the later 'Kiron' products and obviously not in the same league as the earlier lenses, which were generally very good, and often found as Vivitar and Soligor among other brands. I also think the Kiron name was sold on to someone who just bought the cheapest junk they could find and had it branded Kiron, which is what happened to Vivitar as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Cosina was a mixed bag back then. I have an Auto-Revuenon by Cosina 1.2/55 from that same period which is an outstanding optic.
The Kiron mentioned in the OP may also be good.
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one with the "Exakta" name on it. Wouldn't call it as bad as Lloydy does, sure, Minolta or Konica are better. Mine had a Fuji X-mount which i do not use so in the end i sold it as a kit with a camera. I'd never pay that kind of money for it though.....

Astrea by René Maly, on Flickr

Natural Tea by René Maly, on Flickr