Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Few Indian summer shots with NIKON F5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Few Indian summer shots with NIKON F5 Reply with quote

Hi,

got today a roll of slide film back from the developing. Since I use on my MAC OSX 10.7 Lion the Nikon scan software doesn´t work anymore Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and I bougt instead Vuescan. I´m at present not very familiar with this software and I must say that I miss the Nikon one.

Here 2 shots with Nikon F5 and Nikkor 1.2/50mm AI, first one around f 4 where the lens is very sharp, the second one wide open at f 1.2 .
Film is FUJI ProviaF Professional 100 ASA and scanned with Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED and Vuescan software v9.53.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think difference is visible you are not familiar with Vuescan, if I remember as well with genuine software same scene, was better. I did try to make friendship with Vuescan a few times I didn't like it ... in fact it was better than Epson sometimes , but Epson is so much friendly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think difference is visible you are not familiar with Vuescan, if I remember as well with genuine software same scene, was better. I did try to make friendship with Vuescan a few times I didn't like it ... in fact it was better than Epson sometimes , but Epson is so much friendly.

Silverfast is worse than Vuecan for being unfriendly. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think difference is visible you are not familiar with Vuescan, if I remember as well with genuine software same scene, was better. ........

I will try it again within the next days with a Notebook and XP and original Nikon software to see any difference.

Wink