Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 30mm 3.5 "Lydith" on the NEX-C3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 30mm 3.5 "Lydith" on the NEX-C3 Reply with quote

The 16Mpix sensor matches well with the Pentacon. Used at f8 gives a very good sharpness.

This is the lens on the cam:

And some samples this morning... (sigh* yet another sunny summer day Sad )

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, I have same lens and use it a lot on my NEX-3.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nice samples, I have same lens and use it a lot on my NEX-3.

Thanks for your comment!.

It's a nice walkout lens, 45mm equivalent and with a short focus distance of 35cm, is widely useable, even for some portraits:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree, pretty small lens and very solidly built of metal, I use mine as a walkaround lens too although since i got a Hexanon 3.5/28 I have been using that more and more instead of the Pentacon as the Hexanon really is a stunning optic imho. The Meyer has a permanent place in my shooting bag though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those photos very much. I think the NEX deserves some credit here too; I've been very impressed with the pictures I've seen from that camera. These images remind me more of my Vivitar Close Focus than my Flek. Those are the two lenses I'll be comparing the Lydith to when it arrives. Mine is the Meyer zebra version. May I ask what apertures were used for those photos?

P.S. Do you live there or are vacationing?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed, it's a lens I have and use a lot because it is a good lens. I love the way it captures colour. But, I have many lenses I like and 4 different systems, the more I see the NEX ( and other similar cameras ) the more I think I need one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I'm impressed, it's a lens I have and use a lot because it is a good lens. I love the way it captures colour. But, I have many lenses I like and 4 different systems, the more I see the NEX ( and other similar cameras ) the more I think I need one.

Sometime we should meet up and you can play with my NEX and collection of Hexanons.

Then you will have to persuade the wife to let you have a NEX and a few Hexanons I reckon, they make a stunning combo.

I now shoot almost nothing but my NEX with Hexanons and Pentacons. As good as the Hexanons are, I still keep Pentacon 3.5/30, 1.8/50, 2.8/135 and 4/200 in my bag because their colours and bokeh are fantastic and all are sharp even wide open, maybe not as sharp as the Hexanons but no slouches, certainly.

As you're an FD shooter, the NEX is also ideal for you, FD lenses I have and used are excellent (2.8/28, 1.8/50, 1.4/50, 3.5/135) on the NEX, and FD lenses are still pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples congrats! This lens one of the hidden gem, most people not respect it, because they have no idea how good. Try to get a Pentacon 100mm f2.8 and 135mm f2.8 , pre-set lens if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice samples congrats! This lens one of the hidden gem, most people not respect it, because they have no idea how good. Try to get a Pentacon 100mm f2.8 and 135mm f2.8 , pre-set lens if possible.

I have two copies of the 2.8/135, both superb.

2.8/100 I have been trying to find for good price but on ebay, even ones with broken aperture are going for big prices, seems that like the Trioplan, the hype has reached this lens.

3.5/135 Primotar shouldn't be overlooked either, not as sharp as 2.8/135, especially wide open, but has the same glow and bokeh as Trioplan wide open, very good lens to use for artsy shots, I love mine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really hype, 100mm is a modern lens with excellent performance and pretty rare. Problem is build quality from 10 copies at least 7 has problems.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Not really hype, 100mm is a modern lens with excellent performance and pretty rare. Problem is build quality from 10 copies at least 7 has problems.

It is one I need to add to my collection, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I like those photos very much. I think the NEX deserves some credit here too; I've been very impressed with the pictures I've seen from that camera. These images remind me more of my Vivitar Close Focus than my Flek. Those are the two lenses I'll be comparing the Lydith to when it arrives. Mine is the Meyer zebra version. May I ask what apertures were used for those photos?

P.S. Do you live there or are vacationing?

Thanks for your comment, Woodrim.

Most of them are at f8. With such a sunny day speeds came up to 1/1600.

And yes, I live there. Not so common to have this weather in November, but it seems global overwarming might be the culprit...

Regards,
Jes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

For sure. I'm quite convinced the DSLR era is going to an end, and they will be superceeded by the EVIL technology.
Also good are the Samsung NX series.
The micro 4/3 are also good, but have the problem of the x2 crop factor.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks, Attila. I'll look for the 100mm 2.8, I have never seen one.
I have to test my Spiratone 100mm 2.5 that I think will give nice results on the NEX.

Regards.
Jes.