Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stock photography service on MFLenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Stock photography service on MFLenses Reply with quote

I think about stock photography, perhaps some of my old building photos are sell able as stock photo. I did make quick look on some big stock photo site and I found they are not for me. I think I able to start quickly a stock photo service on mflenses.com and if I offer lot better price to photographer than others perhaps it will get some success. Is anybody willing to participate, sell your photos here ? If yes and you know how much you get from other sites please let me know and we able to figure out this is a good idea or not. This site easy findable by Google and we have many visitors daily.

Last edited by Attila on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean photos taken with manual lenses or just photos?, this project would be very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should limit to manual lens though I am sure most members here will be using manual lens. Reason being potential buyers will buy photos based on how good or how much they like the photos. I doubt that they care less if the photos were taken by MF or autolens or analog or digital cameras.

I also think this is a great idea.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't do that, it is a lot of additional work, which probably will not be rewarded by a reasonable earning. And I don't think, that potential buyers come to this site in a great number. They probably have their subscriptions at Istock, Shutterstock, Fotolia or Dreamstime.

Maybe I'm wrong.....

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Do you mean photos taken with manual lenses or just photos?, this project would be very interesting.

Certainly with any gear , this is a business at least I hope , Manual Focus my hobby.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
I don't think we should limit to manual lens though I am sure most members here will be using manual lens. Reason being potential buyers will buy photos based on how good or how much they like the photos. I doubt that they care less if the photos were taken by MF or autolens or analog or digital cameras.

I also think this is a great idea.

Yes, fully agree, important only taken best photos as possible from usable subjects for different media like web, magazines etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Wouldn't do that, it is a lot of additional work, which probably will not be rewarded by a reasonable earning. And I don't think, that potential buyers come to this site in a great number. They probably have their subscriptions at Istock, Shutterstock, Fotolia or Dreamstime.

Maybe I'm wrong.....

Klaus

Quiet a big chance you have right Klaus, but perhaps not and we can find something good to get extra income for our hobby.

I know Istock and Shutterstock I am customer on Istock that is acceptable service for buyers and photographers too. Shutterstock was too expensive for us as buyer and I guess they also pay less for photographers.
I can start service from open source shopping cart so not too much investment in beginning and if not a good idea we will not lost much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: why not make a try?
I was thinking many times about open account with stock agency and try to sell some pictures. I can start here. And some way to support Attila in new and interesting project.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
First of all: why not make a try?
I was thinking many times about open account with stock agency and try to sell some pictures. I can start here. And some way to support Attila in new and interesting project.

Many thanks Voytek! If I have at least 10 supporters like you I will start this project and let we see. Till that if you have time please take a look on others what they offer on what price we should start with better offer for both side buyer and photographer too. It would be really nice to make an excel sheet and we can share it and discuss what is best for us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I will support, too. Of course. Be sure, I will not miss an extra chance to earn some money.... Wink Wink Wink

I made quite a bit of money from Istock, Shutterstock, Fotolia. So let us try here. But don't do it like Getty photos and disclose me just because of using a Sigma camera Rolling Eyes

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done stock, but if you're going to try something here, I would participate for sure Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
... But don't do it like Getty photos and disclose me just because of using a Sigma camera Rolling Eyes

Klaus

Maybe you should tell them you use Leica lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, our group is diversify enough maybe can also think about offering some niche services like helping buyers to source specific types of photos they are looking for. Could be photos specific to a certain geographical area or maybe certain type of plants. Definitely we will not be able to provide everything but this is just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Attila, I will support, too. Of course. Be sure, I will not miss an extra chance to earn some money.... Wink Wink Wink

I made quite a bit of money from Istock, Shutterstock, Fotolia. So let us try here. But don't do it like Getty photos and disclose me just because of using a Sigma camera Rolling Eyes

Klaus

Just because Sigma ?! Evil or Very Mad What a stupid idiots! Many thanks for your support!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I've never done stock, but if you're going to try something here, I would participate for sure Smile

Great ! I am beginner too Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Attila, our group is diversify enough maybe can also think about offering some niche services like helping buyers to source specific types of photos they are looking for. Could be photos specific to a certain geographical area or maybe certain type of plants. Definitely we will not be able to provide everything but this is just a thought.

This is an excellent idea I guess we will offer it for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that meantime everybody who wants to participate has to make his own inventory, and Attila suppose to pick categories, and choose photos from samples delivered by future stock members. This way will start to build base stock of photos/categories.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
I think that meantime everybody who wants to participate has to make his own inventory, and Attila suppose to pick categories, and choose photos from samples delivered by future stock members. This way will start to build base stock of photos/categories.

Yes, important thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would participate as well. It would be great to earn some $$$ to support the purchase of next MF lense Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
I would participate as well. It would be great to earn some $$$ to support the purchase of next MF lense Smile

Laughing Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m in too. Very Happy

It´s important to meet the legal requirements of personal rights etc.
For example the law situation in Germany is not so easy if you have persons or buildings etc on the image.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great Rolf!

I need helper on following areas:

1) Legal todo (server in USA) I guess we need to use USA law.
2) As I did mention before we need to make a sheet from competitors services.

How much they pay for photographers and how much they ask from buyers.
I thinking on simple structure we can sell each individual image for fixed price , perhaps in different resolution for slightly different price. No monthly payment, no credit system etc. Keep things clear as possible.

3) Helper to set Virtuemart shopping system in Joomla (if possible of course)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me as mflenses is on top search via search engine - this is the most important point for starting the stock.

... but you have to be aware of the following problems:
- Quality check (inspection) for uploading
- Automatic generation of the different file sizes for customers
- Zoom view for quality control for potentional buyers
- Micropayment possibilities
- Keywording
- only chance as a niche market strategy for MF lenses
- as long term aim to be overtaken by the big stock agencies Laughing
- millions of photos still available in the other stocks with tremendous increase of quality, day by day

As the Rolling Stones were saying: "You can't always get what you want, but you can try some time ..."

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
Sounds good to me as mflenses is on top search via search engine - this is the most important point for starting the stock.

... but you have to be aware of the following problems:
- Quality check (inspection) for uploading
- Automatic generation of the different file sizes for customers
- Zoom view for quality control for potentional buyers
- Micropayment possibilities
- Keywording
- only chance as a niche market strategy for MF lenses
- as long term aim to be overtaken by the big stock agencies Laughing
- millions of photos still available in the other stocks with tremendous increase of quality, day by day

As the Rolling Stones were saying: "You can't always get what you want, but you can try some time ..."

Rolling Eyes

What you mean under micro payment ? Paypal ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, paypal or other payment methods without a long registraition process for short decision affected buyers.
... see, grab, pay, use Wink

Last edited by MF-addicted on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total