Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beautiful Minolta XKM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Minolta XKM Reply with quote

Went for $3,250.00 on Ebay, anyone here get it ?
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hope that the capacitators are not dead for that price. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence meant, but why do people snigger about capacitors whenever the name Minolta is mentioned? This is blown out of proportion. Only the XG-M, X-300 & X-700 models were affected and even then only the earliest cameras until the problem was discovered and corrected. And they're easy to source and to replace.

That's a beautiful camera for a collector, but I wouldn't want to use it myself. Far too big and heavy for me and I'm not a fan of motor drives.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful piece of gear , but .... 3200$ is a lot of money ... a full frame digital Minolta aka Sony alpha 900 .However ,it looks impressive ,and in very good shape.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking camera but just a tad out of my price range. I'm still feeling guilty about spending £35 on my Moskow-5...

K.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like such heavy motorised version. Looks good, that is for sure.
But the version without a motor is out if my reach too Smile
I am still happy with XE-1, good enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt it is a beauty but at that price, I really don't know. Even the limited edition titanium AF version of the last Minolta Maxxum 9 does not sale that much in today's market.