Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beautiful Minolta XKM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Minolta XKM Reply with quote

Went for $3,250.00 on Ebay, anyone here get it ?
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hope that the capacitators are not dead for that price. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence meant, but why do people snigger about capacitors whenever the name Minolta is mentioned? This is blown out of proportion. Only the XG-M, X-300 & X-700 models were affected and even then only the earliest cameras until the problem was discovered and corrected. And they're easy to source and to replace.

That's a beautiful camera for a collector, but I wouldn't want to use it myself. Far too big and heavy for me and I'm not a fan of motor drives.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful piece of gear , but .... 3200$ is a lot of money ... a full frame digital Minolta aka Sony alpha 900 .However ,it looks impressive ,and in very good shape.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking camera but just a tad out of my price range. I'm still feeling guilty about spending 35 on my Moskow-5...

K.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like such heavy motorised version. Looks good, that is for sure.
But the version without a motor is out if my reach too Smile
I am still happy with XE-1, good enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt it is a beauty but at that price, I really don't know. Even the limited edition titanium AF version of the last Minolta Maxxum 9 does not sale that much in today's market.