Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC MIR-20M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: MC MIR-20M Reply with quote

Hi!

Kaldubek's lens catalogue estimates a price of about € 130,- for this 3.5/20 lens.

What do you think? How much would you pay for a copy in, say, very good, almost mint condition?

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one copy is nice except that it flares like crazy in the lower corners of full frame cameras due to insufficient antiflare protection.
Unfortunately it is not possible to use a hood because it would vignette immediately.
So as a result I am only using the lens on the 400D, where because of the crop format I can not see the flare happening in the lower corners. Under this condition, I am enjoying the lens as a good 32mm substitute.
The best quality of the lens is the color saturation, which is really incredible. But because of the above problem with the full frame, I would be much hesitant in buying another one, unless I had first verified the performance. I still don't know if the crazy flaring at FF is a problem of my copy or a "feature" of the lens. My lens has been serviced because the iris was broken, so maybe if there was something incredibily wrong with it, the technician would have noticed, but the lens came back with the iris fixed, but still flaring, so either he did not notice, or he could not do anything for it.

So I guess that my advice can be resumed in this: if you plan to use it only on your 350D, then you can go for it, as long as it has a good price (I paid my copy 90something Euros, it was a quasi new copy complete with all three custom filters). For sure I would not go to or above the 100 Euros, because the lens does not deserve that money. I guess that a right price for a copy in mint condition would be around 80 Euros, or max. 90 Euros if really mint and complete with the three filters.
To call it a bargain, however, I would have to pay for it 60-70 Euros.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio!
That's a good orientation.

Carsten