Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon CE II Memotron how to disassemble the top??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Chinon CE II Memotron how to disassemble the top?? Reply with quote

Just got myself a Chinon CE II Memotron but the glas in the viewfinder is unfortunly loose and also some black seal material goes around in the viewfinder.

So I need to disassemble the top of the camera but there are no screw on the sides and I don't know how I can remove the shutter knob or the film advance lever.
Anyone have any experiance of this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do! I've had a couple of these cameras with broken out viewfinder glass. Just needs to be glued back in.

Both the advance lever and shutter speed selector dials have covers that need to be pried off. It is difficult to not damage them a little in the process. The best way is to get a brand new Exacto knife (with the sharpest and thinnest tip you can find), pick a spot along the edge of the covers, and slowly get underneath it. I marked two example spots in red on your picture. The screws are underneath.

One thing to note when taking off the top cover is that there's a ball bearing under the viewfinder blinder switch. That will fall out of place when you lift the cover off. Make sure to replace it when putting everything back together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really appreciat the help, thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

Hello,
I have just got the same camera and it has the same problem.
Is there anything to take care of when disassembling the ASA dial?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Same problem here Reply with quote

msiegel wrote:
Hello,
Martin

Did the job just the other day and it when easier then expected.
Remove the film winder knob which you remove the screw on top and then it is just to twist the entire knub.

Under this you have this ring to remove and under this there are three more sqrews which is the last step.

These will also be needed to be removed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Same problem here Reply with quote

BKSPicture wrote:
msiegel wrote:
Hello,
Martin

Did the job just the other day and it when easier then expected.
Remove the film winder knob which you remove the screw on top and then it is just to twist the entire knub.

Under this you have this ring to remove and under this there are three more sqrews which is the last step.

These will also be needed to be removed.

Hello I'm trying to do the same thing remove the top cover. However your pics are down could you upload them again please. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Solert

His last post was over a year ago. Those photos were lost here after server crash, sorry. With luck however jhe will see your posts.