Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Primotar 3.5/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Primotar 3.5/135mm Reply with quote

Not the sharpest tool in the box and CA too. Colours OK and contrast OK though..................

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little PS can compensate weakness of this lens, you made with it an excellent series. I especially like those pictures where cute little lady showing up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A little PS can compensate weakness of this lens, you made with it an excellent series. I especially like those pictures where cute little lady showing up.

They are not so good Attila, but I accept any compliment from someone with your skill gratefully. I have a huge amount to learn and seeing the samples in this forum from yourself and others inspires me to continue to try and improve. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If may I suggest something, shoot in Raw , apply sharpening and boost contrast, colors if you use not top lens like this. It will be change a lot final output.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Tessar type of lens and as such it requires stopping down to around f/8 to get rid of the typical
Tessar inconvenients when the focal lenght exceeds the standard (chromatic aberration and low contrast).
On the plus side, the bokeh of the long Tessars is usually excellent and ideal for portraits.
I think you will find out that the lens gives it's best in the medium distance portraits rather than in long distance landscapes.
At least this is my experience with all the long Tessars that I have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like very much the last two pics

Found the color rendering very adecuate for the subject, the whole image is seeing very smooth.

Rino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I
Found the color rendering very adecuate for the subject, the whole image is seeing very smooth.
Rino

I find the skin tones of the girl's portrait very natural and realistic.