Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vintage projection lens - B & L Super-Cinephor 127mm f2.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Vintage projection lens - B & L Super-Cinephor 127mm f2. Reply with quote

This is a vintage projector lens I purchased from eBay for just US$9.9. Postage to Hong Kong, however, was US$19.9! Crying or Very sad
It is very heavy, a pound at least! I put it in an appropriate size lens hood, then added step-up/step-down rings to make the mounting end into M42. Thereafter, I used a M42 focusing tube to use it on my Canon 50D. Despite the fact that it got no aperture ring (i.e. shooting wide-open at all time), the images were quite sharp. Grateful if someone can advise as to the history of this lens and what kind of equipment it was manufactured for. Many thanks! Smile Smile
Regards,
Ferrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with the lens info, but the images are quite nice and sharp. The oof rendering is really pleasing too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bhargav"]Can't help with the lens info, but the images are quite nice and sharp. The oof rendering is really pleasing too.[/quote]

Thanks, mate! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation, congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks, Attila! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Adding some macro photos taken on a rainy day. I like the mood very much. Itis really a nice lens! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing results!
Had no idea that projection lenses can be that good!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
Amazing results!
Had no idea that projection lenses can be that good!!

Thanks for the comment. Smile
This is what it looks like.