Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Saturday Sun - Super Takumar and Yashica ML
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Saturday Sun - Super Takumar and Yashica ML Reply with quote

Shot on a borrowed Canon 600d.

Yashica ML 28mm 2.8

Super Takumar 50mm 1.4

These pics don't really do justice to the Takumar. The first pic shows the flare is pretty bad but I think it might work well for certain video styles. The Yashica I'm loving for the portraits but it isn't particular good at long focus and gives me some nasty CA (I think it might focus a little before infinity). The Takumar at long focus is very sharp in comparison, I'll try and update with some landscapes to show the difference.

Sorry for all the cats, no willing human subjects!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Saturday Sun - Super Takumar and Yashica ML Reply with quote

Bill_Bones wrote:
Shot on a borrowed Canon 600d.

Yashica ML 28mm 2.8

Super Takumar 50mm 1.4

These pics don't really do justice to the Takumar. The first pic shows the flare is pretty bad but I think it might work well for certain video styles. The Yashica I'm loving for the portraits but it isn't particular good at long focus and gives me some nasty CA (I think it might focus a little before infinity). The Takumar at long focus is very sharp in comparison, I'll try and update with some landscapes to show the difference.

Sorry for all the cats, no willing human subjects!

Welcome! First post images are disabled as an anti-spam measure, but hopefully they are all visible now Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dude, was panicking that I'd screwed the upload! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on these images I prefer the Yashica.

Poor cat, you keep cutting off its ears. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ron, the Yashica has the better IQ. It is a lens with a high reputation and your shots look like your copy at least lives upto that rep, nice work.

The Takumar looks not bad at all, some PP to tweak contrast etc would help with the Tak shots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry the cats got their own back and I got a few scratches for all the prodding (and bad framing no doubt!)

The Yashica is literally like new, the Takumar was pretty yellow when I received it but it's mostly faded now though the lens feels a touch loose when upended, focus is very smooth. I'm really chuffed with these 2 ebay finds, wouldn't have found them without this site.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I agree with Ron, the Yashica has the better IQ. It is a lens with a high reputation and your shots look like your copy at least lives upto that rep, nice work.

The Takumar looks not bad at all, some PP to tweak contrast etc would help with the Tak shots.

I do like and prefer the Yashica's I.Q and I do agree with the Takumar's contrast needing a tweek which matches my findings with the Tak f1.8 as unfortunately I always have to tweek the contrast sometimes quite heavily at times but I don't have a hood for it so maybe the fault lies with this.