Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

*sold* Weltblick 1.8/35mm M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: *sold* Weltblick 1.8/35mm M42 Reply with quote

*sold**sold**sold**sold*
M42 Weltblick 1.8/35mm

I've decided to sell lenses I'm not using to raise funds for new acquisitions and I'm starting with the rarest of them all. Interwebs doesn't seem to know much about this lens and there doesn't seem to be too much of them around. Some say it was made by Tomioka but who knows?

Cosmetics:
this lens is in good condition with some signs of use but nothing major.

Functions:
Focusing, aperture and A/M switch all function as they should. 58mm filter thread, no dents.

Accessories:
Rear cap, metal screw-on front cap and a screw-on metal hood made by Hoya

Optics:
There some faint cleaning marks and one inner element has a couple of tiny scratches. Also one inner element has a small chip at the edge that has been filled with black ink(11 o'clock in the first pic). I noticed these defects after buying this lens and first thought there was some dirt inside the lens but after opening it for cleaning I noticed someone had been in there before. Anyway I don't know how much if any effect these things have on the Image quality. Also there's the normal few dust specs inside the lens too.

Rendering:
Good sharpness in the center from wide open and it gets even better stopped down (as usual). Corners get also better when stopped down but they're never really amazing (not a problem in lowlight/portrait type shooting for which I used this). Colours are subtle and neutral. Actually the rendering is quite similar to my Helios-44 which I love. Some barrel distortion (easily corrected in pp). Contrast lowish especially in bright light (also easily corrected in pp). Flares if pointed to a bright light source but I've seen worse and the hood helps.

Asking (was 100eur) now 80eur+shipping, also listening to offers

All those spots and lines are just reflections, the tiny scratches are not visible here.

wb35b by ovim, on Flickr

Front element with a couple of dust specks

wb1 by ovim, on Flickr

wb35a by ovim, on Flickr

weltblick_test1 by ovim, on Flickr

*sold**sold**sold*

Last edited by ovim on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced to 80eu+shipping (still listening to offers too)