Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

So m42 adapters without flange have their use.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: So m42 adapters without flange have their use. Reply with quote

During my years of adapting lenses I've never encountered any problems with m42 lenses combined with normal flanged adapters. Well, not counting one certain fujinon lens. That was until I got this beauty:

It's a Yashinon 5.5cm 1.8.
It turns out that it can't be screwed in all the way on the adapter. The aperture pin being the issue.
I’m sure this is old news to others, but it was temporary let-down when I was all set for making some bokeh.
Got a few shots anyway with the lens halfway mounted and liked its character and color!

So to widen our knowledge, are there any other makes or individual lenses that need the adapters without flange?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flange is necessary only for lenses without Auto/Manual diaphragm switch. Wink

Another problem with flange adapter is mentioned http://forum.mflenses.com/frustrating-super-multi-coated-takumar-135-f2-5-problem-t70552.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I missed that thread, good information!