Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 79 - CZJ DDR MC Pancolar 50mm/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 79 - CZJ DDR MC Pancolar 50mm/1.8 Reply with quote

i recently acquired my second version of Pancolar lens, so here are samples with it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Pancolar, simple perfect Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree with Attila, one of the best lenses in my backsack. To keep forever.
Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this the all-black MC version with red focal length markings?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2contagious wrote:
So is this the all-black MC version with red focal length markings?

i'll post photo of the lens later

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photos of the lens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar wrote:
Now I feel a little stupid to have sold mine. Yes, I agree with Attila and Jes, very nice performance from a very good lens.

i got this version with praktica camera for 150 kuna (that's about 20€ / 28$)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super samples. I guess my nick stands Smile.

Something we didn't lack in ancient Yugoslavia surely were Pancolar lenses and Prakticas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Something we didn't lack in ancient Yugoslavia surely were Pancolar lenses and Prakticas.

true, also Zenit cameras with Helios 44's are plentyful in this area

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with Oly E-M5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Jena Pancolar mount on 5d MArk II Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I recently got the bug for vintage lenses and I'm about to purchase my first one…
I was thinking of Jena Pancolar 50 mm 1.8, but I saw on some website that some models the rear of the lens can touch with the MIRROR of the Canon 5d mark II … anyone has experience or can recommend?

- Does the newer version MC (black barrel) touch the mirror?
- in case of the Zebra version, I saw there are 2 versions (talking about the rear part): the Through the lens metering or the "normal". Does it make any different when I mount it on a Canon 5d mark II ? Which one wold you recommend ?

thank you very much for your attention

Maxi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice shots. I would buy one if I could find someone to sell privately.. :0)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after considering buying one of these, is it true they have a radioactive lens?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
So after considering buying one of these, is it true they have a radioactive lens?

Unspecified sub-versions of the Zebra CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 feature thoriated element(s). All newer versions labeled 'MC' are thorium-free.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jena Pancolar mount on 5d MArk II Reply with quote

Maxi wrote:

- Does the newer version MC (black barrel) touch the mirror?

Maxi

Yes it does! I have it as well, can't use it at infinity!

This is a very good list of lenses for the 5D: http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/#Zenit