Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BETA TEST is started
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: BETA TEST is started Reply with quote

I did made a new subforum within MFClub to discuss stockphoto related stuff , we have so many questions what are require answers
price sheme, profit share, moderation, other stockphoto sites how do business etc etc.
I thought best if we open a topic for each subject and keep informations together.

Beta test is started, you can register here http://stockphotoeu.com/photographer_signup.php , tell your opinion etc.
I did start it with a rented software instead of buy it for 250 USD+100 USD plugins. Current cost is 50 USD /month including software + hosting from same company.

Customizing will be possible if I will buy software, until that on rental , just content and site looking a bit.

You can reach site here www.stockphotoeu.com , please share your impression, suggestions in new subforum 'stockphoto' under MFClub.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have registered. I never got around to signing in at a stockphoto site, but in this case I can imagine to participate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have registered. I never got around to signing in at a stockphoto site, but in this case I can imagine to participate.

Great , thank you! I did confirm your registration, upload only a few images, because if beta test is done, perhaps we need to start from scratch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered to as well so will upload just one or two if thats ok

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
I registered to as well so will upload just one or two if thats ok

Sure , thank you !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound fussy but maybe this should maybe be corrected?

Under FAQ

Sell Your Photos!

Photographers can now sell their photos thru our site.

I think thru should be through, although both are correct its more text speak and look unprofessional to me.
Just my 2p
But punctuation and use of english is not my best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find it where can I fix it, sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stockphotoeu.com/faqs.php
The very last box on the bottom right hand side (there is 4 boxes stacked)

Only $20.00 /month!
Signup Now
Only $195.00 /year!
Signup Now
Create an account to use special features like lightbox, email to a friend, and much more!

Signup Now
Sell Your Photos!

Signup Now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was ok, you did describe it well at first time. Just I have to find it in administrator interface and I didn't find it yet. I will keep in mind and I will try to fix it later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila

I registered yesterday but the site was not accepting my sing-on details whatsoever.
Is there any way how to re-set the password or eventually my account?

Thanks in advance.

S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on Login ot top right side, before login box you can find password reset link

http://stockphotoeu.com/recover_password.php

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halt! Smile

It works

I changed the status from MEMBER to CONTRIBUTOR

is this RIGHT? Smile

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, right! I revise registrations frequently and approve them , now you upload some pictures , ideally into different categories, with much keyword what you can and we able to check how search is works which is heart of success , other ways buyers can't find pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Not to sound fussy but maybe this should maybe be corrected?

Under FAQ

Sell Your Photos!

I think thru should be through, although both are correct its more text speak and look unprofessional to me.
Just my 2p
But punctuation and use of english is not my best.

Fixed , thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, nobody did upload anything yet ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Come on guys, nobody did upload anything yet ...

There are a few shots uploaded, Ducks, buildings, and a water scene.
Looks like a nice site to sell photos. Nice job Attila.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
halt! Smile

It works

is this RIGHT? Smile

Thanks

Same problem as Stan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just signed up, I think.

Shouldn't us (photographers) being signing up at http://stockphotoeu.com/photographer_signup.php? This page don't have the billing cycle section.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now few questions:

(i) Terms in FAQ site
Are we using this (something by default) or we will be setting it up later?

(ii) Size of photos to upload for beta test

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have uploaded my first photo.
A couple of comments:

1) photos should be categorized as either "full license" or "editorial license", the difference being that full license can be used commercially and require model release for all recognizeable persons and for private buildings also. While editorial are photos that can not be used commercially but only for editorial (chronicle, costume) use - example, newspapers and magazine can use them to illustrate articles, while a company can not use them to advertise a product.

2) there should be the possiblity to "tailor" the itermediate sizes and prices. For instance, I want to sell the full size of my photo at a dignified price (not less than 100 USD), but I would like also to sell a decently sized photo (1024 px for instance) for a more affordable price, such as 15 Euros for instance. Currently, there is no 1024 pixels size offer (closer in upper range is 1600 px, but 1600 is too big for a cheap price, smart computer people can print it large enough for a magazine), and the prices for that size is default, and way way too cheap (about 1 USD or so for a 1600 px photo is absurd).

3) We should all together search web and compile a guide FAQ for compilation of image entries. There are some fields, that I have no idea of what they mean and how should they be compiled (e.g. "transmission reference", "instructions" and "source").

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just signed up ...

Just a note: when displaying a gallery (ex. http://stockphotoeu.com/animals_insects_g29-duck_bath_p9.html) i have noticed what seem to be a couple of buttons without labels at the bottom right of the page, just after the Comments section. Is this a feature enabled only when signed in, or it is a bug ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Now few questions:

(i) Terms in FAQ site
Are we using this (something by default) or we will be setting it up later?

(ii) Size of photos to upload for beta test

We can change anything what we like I am open for any suggestions, goal of beta cycle to learn how can we use it and customize it to us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
trifox wrote:
halt! Smile

It works

is this RIGHT? Smile

Thanks

Same problem as Stan.

There is two kind of sign-up , once obvious one in menu for buyers, and another on right side bellow and middle is for photographers.
I will change this layout for more clear later. If you did use buyer sign-up like Trifox once you logged in you able to change it to contributor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio and Dino I did read both of your posts. I will process them and I will answer them .

I did open a picture size , price discussion thread here.

http://forum.mflenses.com/picture-sizes-and-their-prices-t44177.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some feedback on flash view and hover view options (at least with Mozilla Firefox)

The hover view is not enabled when flash view is used. Thus this setting should be greyed out when when flash view is disabled. And the order should be opposite, flash view on top and hover view below.

Also, the hover view is so small that it is practically useless. It is only a tiny bit larger than the image you hover ontop. Is it possible to increase the size by 50% or so?

/T