Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Short Timelapse
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Short Timelapse Reply with quote

Shot in Oljato - Sierra Nevadas

Camera died halfway through the night - forgot my spare battery!

So this is about midnight to 4am. Maybe only to 3. At the start you can see our campfire on the trees.

http://youtu.be/mA-wTrXgSa0

I realized the great thing about timelapses are that since they are done with photographs, each individual frame is super detailed and you can export up to 4k HD with a 12 megapixel camera. Not to mention I can apply great color effects through photo batch processing......take that RED camera!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Short Timelapse Reply with quote

kawasakiguy37 wrote:
Shot in Oljato - Sierra Nevadas

Camera died halfway through the night - forgot my spare battery!

So this is about midnight to 4am. Maybe only to 3. At the start you can see our campfire on the trees.

http://youtu.be/mA-wTrXgSa0

I realized the great thing about timelapses are that since they are done with photographs, each individual frame is super detailed and you can export up to 4k HD with a 12 megapixel camera. Not to mention I can apply great color effects through photo batch processing......take that RED camera!

Nice video Wink

You can also use great color effects through After Effects or other similar application with video content (or as still image seq.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but AE still doesnt have the ease of photo editing (and available presets) and whatnot that lightroom does. Plus I cant imagine trying to color correct a 4K HD file in AE...yikes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love camping, nice clip.

What software did you use to combine the stills into a movie clip?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adobe premiere. I exported them in lightroom as slightly higher than 1080P and then imported into premiere using the "numbered stills" option. Then setup the right timing ( I think I have it set to 80 percent speed?) and rendered out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breathtaking. I hope you post on here again when you do a longer one. Oh, mind if I ask about how much space it took up on your card for the 4 hours?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which lens and camera settings?
The FPS-rate seems to be a little low. The video is little bit to fast

I also tried it once to make a timelapse once. I made made mine confortable from my bedroom windows Wink. It can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54671350@N02/5688502239/