Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Takumar f2/58mm (Sonnar type) - plus free camera body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: FS: Takumar f2/58mm (Sonnar type) - plus free camera body Reply with quote

I have two Takumar 2/58mm coming my way, but will only keep one, so this one here is for sale. Should you be interested, let me know. Price is EUR300 incl. insured shipping cost worldwide. Within the EU I have to charge German VAT (19%) on top of that, making it EUR357 then.

P.S.: buyer gets a free AP camera body as a gift (this is the original Asahi Pentax body this lens was once made for)

Pictures taken with the 2/58mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157625265230017/with/5176061218/

PICTURES:

The free camera (the buyer of the lens will receive in as-is condition) + lens:

The lens:

(sorry for the iPhone pics, at work now and little time...)

P.P.S.: I reserve the right to withdraw my offer any time.

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 am; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also willing to accept offers...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you consider a trade with another lens of similar value?
Although I realize that it will not be easy to find a lens that you like and you don't have already. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go, Orio, Go! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you much luck to get the lens Orio! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is still for sale to anyone interested Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have sent a PM.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures added.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As there were questions:

This is one of the first lenses every made by Asahi Pentax for the 42mm thread mount format and the AP camera as well, as that Sonnar type Takumar 2/58mm was made 1957 so it more than 50 years old.

So what could be expected from a lens that is that old and has been used? Will it be like new without any flaws? NO. Will it have outer and inner signs of use? YES, there is some paint loss on the barrel where fingers grip and some fine dust inside is visible. It also has very fine cleaning marks on the front lens (visible only using a strong light and magnifier). Focusing works smoothly, but has some "bump" in it, only when focusing fast back and forth, meaning there is a feeling that at a certain position is is not as smooth as before and after. This does not occur when focusing slowly. Can it be fully used? YES, it can. I have seen no negative effects when using it. The focus works and the aperture opens and closes as it should. There is no oil on the iris and I cannot see signs of fungus, but there is some fine particles of dust inside, as already mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few shots from today, all shot fully open at f2 ...

whole set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157627814126189/

sorry, a bit much, but I was telling a story in colors...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sweat by looking to so sharp amd well colored pictures. Did you shot them with the 5D?

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my Lumix GH1 actually Jes - my "always with me cam".
I did not sweat at all, it was a very relaxing, meditation like walk around in my home town.
But later on my PC when I looked at them, I had a smile in my face, I have to admit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryohei Suzuki, the designer of that marvellous lens, would smile too!

BTW, this is a scan from a original photo which was kindly sent to me by Pentax Corporation of Japan, early 2000.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw his picture before, arigato domo for that Peter!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks! And since the camera is offered too: here are the three people responsible for the Asahi Pentax AP.

From left to right: Ryohei Suzuki (lens designer), Nobuyuki Yoshida (camera designer), Saburo Matsumoto (president of Asahi Optical Co., Ltd.)

And all employees around that time (can you spot the above three people in it?):

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Peter, a great historical document. So glad they went for a Sonnar design!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing rare historical documents about it Peter! Amazing how much you have about Pentax Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens + Camera are SOLD!