Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added) Reply with quote

Hey people, I'm new here, and I need your help, I made a stupid mistake, I took my Helios 44m-5 apart, and when I got all the peaces back I realised I can't foccus to infinity.

I can focus normally to 3 or 4 meters, but after that, it's blurry. Please help.

Btw. I'm using it on Oly E-520 with adapter from ebay, until my stupidity lens worked fine with focusing, but it needed a cleaning.

Pictures:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added) Reply with quote

angelus wrote:
Hey people, I'm new here, and I need your help, I made a stupid mistake, I took my Helios 44m-5 apart, and when I got all the peaces back I realised I can't foccus to infinity.

I can focus normally to 3 or 4 meters, but after that, it's blurry. Please help.

Btw. I'm using it on Oly E-520 with adapter from ebay, until my stupidity lens worked fine with focusing, but it needed a cleaning.

Pictures:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?

what is main thing on Helios for focusing, did I messed up tubes when I was putting them back, or did I messed up with glasses?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, angelus, welcome aboard!

angelus wrote:
anyone?

Please, I know that you want to get an answer as quickly as possible, but be a little more patient. Everybody here has a regular job and there is no gurantee to get an answer within one day. This forum is no service instutition, ok?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
First of all, angelus, welcome aboard!

angelus wrote:
anyone?

Please, I know that you want to get an answer as quickly as possible, but be a little more patient. Everybody here has a regular job and there is no gurantee to get an answer within one day. This forum is no service instutition, ok?

Thx m8 for wishing me welcome. Sorry for being a little bit pushy about this.

I just managed to get it back to have infinity focus, so this problem is soloed, I played with tubes, till I finally found perfect spot.

Now I only have problem with a ball for aperture, I lost it, if anyone knows how to replace it with something else or if there are some to buy on ebay, I would be appriciated.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus wrote:
Now I only have problem with a ball for aperture, I lost it, if anyone knows how to replace it with something else or if there are some to buy on ebay, I would be appriciated.

I have a few bits which I rescued from a badly damaged 44M-4. If you would like the ball bearing send me a pm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus wrote:

I just managed to get it back to have infinity focus, so this problem is soloed, I played with tubes, till I finally found perfect spot.

Hi Angelus,

Can you please explain how you did it? How do you "play with tubes"?

I have a Helios 44m-6 lens and would like to get infinity focus too.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://psychoticstudios.net/blog/archives/118

http://retrotek.biz/blog/archives/140

Great repair information for the Helios.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lloydy. It sure is interesting.
It seems that Helios 44 is different from Helios 44m-6.
Am I right or wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could be different, I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, looks like they are different.

It'd be great to have a similar type of instructions but for Helios 44m-6.