Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 200mm F3.5 sample pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Takumar 200mm F3.5 sample pics Reply with quote

I've not had this lens out for a while, and never tried shooting "portraits" with it before. You get nice separation using this lens. These were either at F3.5 or F4.0. I don't remember for sure. The "eye" is a 100% crop of the one image.

I do find this lens harder to focus the further away the subject is.

Last edited by eccs19 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images , I've had one of these for a while and the aperture blades are messed up now-I had initially bought it as a parts lens . I like this lens a lot-and as you demonstrate -makes a wonderful portrait lens.
The images are sharp wide open, has a smooth bokeh and beautiful Takumar color.I like this lens so much-I have one coming from Japan. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens now is my favourite lens for stage/performance shooting.
Good enough for low light situation.

I put two samples here

http://forum.mflenses.com/takumar-200-3-5-t40127.html

and on other forums

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens for a while, but I think it had been messed with as it was never sharp and had horrid CA.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in beautiful condition and I'm sorry to say I've not even tried it yet, after seeing the above photos I'll have to give it a go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and very interesting, completely different from my 200mm F4 Nikkor. The Tak is much more rounded and smooth, but very detailed as well!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenediktW wrote:
Nice and very interesting, completely different from my 200mm F4 Nikkor. The Tak is much more rounded and smooth, but very detailed as well!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Takumar has like 150 blades in it. Ok well not that many, but I think it's got 18 or so. Don't remember exactly how many.