Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primotar E 1:3.5/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primotar E 1:3.5/50 Reply with quote

All shot wide open . Lens mounted on a Sony Alpha 700.

Regards Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if you've invested some time on post processing but they look very nice to me. Great resolution and bokeh and colors and..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm great lens as all Primotar under 135mm focal length, nice samples too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. Great colors. I remember this being compared to the Industar 3.5/50 a while back. The primotar had a nicer rendition. Yours definitely shows this! Are you sure that first and third one are wide open though? Those highlights look distinctly hexagonal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Dunno if you've invested some time on post processing but they look very nice to me. Great resolution and bokeh and colors and..

Yes I made the tones warmer in Lightroom-and did an "Auto Tone".
Thank you . Very Happy

Attila wrote:
I can confirm great lens as all Primotar under 135mm focal length, nice samples too!

Thank you.

themoleman342 wrote:
Really nice. Great colors. I remember this being compared to the Industar 3.5/50 a while back. The primotar had a nicer rendition. Yours definitely shows this! Are you sure that first and third one are wide open though? Those highlights look distinctly hexagonal.

Those 2 images were taken the day before I learnt about the "Auto/Manual" lens-can you believe that, I went through the trouble of glueing(gorilla epoxy) the auto diaphragm pin down. This never really opened the iris all the way to @3.5-.
The others were taken wide open, it actually opened up wide Very Happy after I learnt about the A/M ring.
Thanks for bringing that up-in my haste to share my images I forgot the details-blame it on the coffee.

Best regards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very skeptical about the industar getting closer to that but considering the images have been enhanced I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

The Primotar R 3,5 has a wider aperture than 3,5 for focussing, during shooting or when used on an adapter which closes the aperture to the choosen value, the blades are closed to 3,5.
Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, and used it quite extensively for quite some years. Certainly it's not meant to be an expensive lens but was the auto diaphragm version of the more common manual Primotar, but with a smaller maximum aperture. I like it a lot when using it on film (that's before digital of course). Try photographing women and children, as sweet as can be.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
I have one, and used it quite extensively for quite some years. Certainly it's not meant to be an expensive lens but was the auto diaphragm version of the more common manual Primotar, but with a smaller maximum aperture. I like it a lot when using it on film (that's before digital of course). Try photographing women and children, as sweet as can be.

Thanks for the pointer .
You should def. hang on to it -maybe it was not meant to be an expensive lens, but its definitely gained in monetary value, rightfully so. I love its performance, from the one day I used it Very Happy

Good day

Last edited by Kathmandu on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:

The Primotar R 3,5 has a wider aperture than 3,5 for focussing, during shooting or when used on an adapter which closes the aperture to the choosen value, the blades are closed to 3,5.
Klaus

Klaus do you mean R or E?

Here are some pictures of the lens.

Best regards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.

Greetings
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/primotar-50-meyer-optik-sony-nex-3-t44746.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some images from this afternoon
Shot on Fuji XE2s
T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Shot on Fuji XE2s

Like 1 small

I picked up one of these on a cheap old Exakta camera. After I cleaned it up a bit I was really impressed by how good it is. It's super sharp stopped down a bit, which I wasn't expecting.

It produces the famous Meyer soap bubbles, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Shot on Fuji XE2s

Like 1 small

I picked up one of these on a cheap old Exakta camera. After I cleaned it up a bit I was really impressed by how good it is. It's super sharp stopped down a bit, which I wasn't expecting.

It produces the famous Meyer soap bubbles, too.

Yes, it is often overlooked because of its speed.
However it is a splendid lens.
Mine is in M42 mount
T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also good with colour.
Here is a sample
T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Also good with colour.
Here is a sample
T

Very delicate

I like it more in colour images

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, I like it more than the CZJ Tessar 2.8/50, as noted, it has great colours. A great lens from the era when Meyer made great lenses,.