Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar (Komine) 2.8/135 Close Focusing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Vivitar (Komine) 2.8/135 Close Focusing Reply with quote

Sony NEX5T

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your Tulips, Edgar. No matter which lens you're using.
From my point of view that's the least important factor anyway.
What really counts is the man behind the camera. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas, you're too kind! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were not bad for portraiture, if a little soft.
This is some quick copy work from an original Ilford glossy M/G print, so excuse the reflections and hotspots. They are not part of the original.

Vivitar 135 f2.8 macro at f8. Kodak Professional (ISO 320) Tri-X pan 50-63. Metz CT 60 at 1/2 power manual. Nikon FE. This print is dated 1983.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a cool camera shop here in Houston that unfortunately closed down a couple years ago. One of the things I liked about that place was, in the back, they had boxes and boxes of "junk" that they sold for cheap. I've found treasures in these boxes before (Like a Luna Pro SBC for $5 because it was supposedly 4 stops off, when all it was is it had a ring turned four stops in one direction that gave it the erroneous reading!), so I always gave these boxes a look. Well, I picked a Vivitar 135 out of one of the boxes -- very nice condition, and it was in Nikon mount -- a plus. I got to playing around with it and noticed the focusing ring kept turning and turning and turning, and it was at that point that I realized it was no ordinary 135. So I asked them what they wanted for it, and they said "10 bucks." Sold, said I, and walked out with this curious lens. I had no idea what I'd found until I got it home and started doing some research on it. Needless to say, I was, as they say, a happy camper.

Here are a few shots taken with the Vivitar CF 135. Not particularly artsy, but they are indicative of this lens's potential in terms of sharpness and contrast.

Taken with a NEX 7, images reduced from 4000 x 6000 to 1600 x 1067.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Impressive closeup capabilities!!