Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Decision: original Super Takumar 35mm f2 or the later one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Decision: original Super Takumar 35mm f2 or the later one? Reply with quote

Hey there gang!

I think I've decided to buy one of these vintage beauties, but I'm uncertain which one to pick up: the original one with the big filter or the second version with the SMC and the smaller filter.

Any opinions or thoughts on this would be appreciated Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have both, but my preferred is the SMC one (49mm filters thread). It's quite compact, with a good contrast and colors well saturated (although, not like a Flektogon) and easy to focus. The older version, with a 67mm filters thread, has a different bokeh, which, although not really harsh, is not my preferred (i prefer the creamy bokeh of the SMC one) ...

You can find some sample pictures taken with the SMC 35/2 on a K10D in my Flickr photostream here ...

Hope this helps ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate your insights Smile

Out of curiosity, what would you say are the pros and cons of the 67mm version?

Also, I see in your signature that you own one of the Flektogon 20mm 2.8's. Would you happen to have a gallery of photos you've taken with it? I've been eyeing that lens as well Wink