Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele Vivitar 85mm f1.8 t-mount preset won't reach infinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Tele Vivitar 85mm f1.8 t-mount preset won't reach infinity Reply with quote

Just what it says on the tin. I have a Tele Vivitar 85mm f1.8 t-mount preset that had no mount. I ordered a t-mount for my Pentax K and it went on fine, but I can't reach infinity focus. Did I get the wrong kind of t-mount or what? What is the solution?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many possible reasons.

How much is it off infinity ? A lot or a bit ?

Two possible reasons for trouble that come to mind immediately.

Reason #1 I think is that not all T-mounts are the same. Some are slightly off a bit. I have had this situation before.
Check that the inner ring of the T mount is actually flush with the bearing surface that presses against the lens bottom.

Reason #2 The focus mechanism internal infinity stop may not be set correctly. This is not unusual either. Sometimes the only fix needed is to loosen a screw or two on the focus ring, shift it a bit and retighten to permit the thing to focus the last little bit. Sometimes the fix can be more complex, or not possible this way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tele Vivitar 85mm f1.8 t-mount preset won't reach infini Reply with quote

cheekygeek wrote:
Just what it says on the tin. I have a Tele Vivitar 85mm f1.8 t-mount preset that had no mount. I ordered a t-mount for my Pentax K and it went on fine, but I can't reach infinity focus. Did I get the wrong kind of t-mount or what? What is the solution?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Is it a cheap Chinese made T-Mount adapter? I don't know if that's the issue but I suspect I have had a similar problem. I have already disposed of my lens (Soligor 200mm f4.5) so I can't say with any certainty if that was the problem. I'm speculating that the cheap adapter could have been the culprit.