Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Tele MC auto D f2.8/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Porst Tele MC auto D f2.8/135mm Reply with quote

Last weekend I bought two lenses for 27€ at flohmarkt in Schwechat.
The 135mm Porst described in subject and a f2.8/35mm one - it's Porst too.

Yesterday I was on a little photo-trip at night and I had Porst Super-Weitwinkel f2.8/28mm mounted most of the time. This was a mistake as I realized later because I don't like those shots at all. At the end of the trip I gave a try to Porst Tele MC auto D f2.8/135mm which I had in the bag. I shot one scene with it but the result is kicking! - my subjective opinion Very Happy I like it very much and I can't wait to give the another try to this lens.

f/16 (there is no PP except little addition of black to eliminate noise)

Last edited by asfethan on Wed May 14, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the result is kicking.
It will be interesting to see how it performs at wider apertures.
Good shot
OH

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another photo taken at night. f/16 again, sorry I will try wider apertures within daylight Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how is it possible but it seems I always shoot with this lens at night.. Laughing

f8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly excellent results.
Good lens and good photographer
Thanks for sharing these
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic's indeed.

What is always somehow interesting for me is to find out who was the producer of such lenses just branded with the name of a distributor like "Porst". Even more, as the Porst company has also sold quite nice Fujinon lenses under their own branding among some other good quality ones. However, they have sold also some crappy ones too....
So at least I would like to know whether there is anything known about the country of origin of the lenses.
And no, I don't want to start any political discussion at all. However, if it turns out to be a lens out of eastern Germany production I would not buy it if more expensive than let's say 15 Euros at maximum. In this case 27 Euros for two lenses of unknown origin seems to be not too bad as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Truly excellent results.
Good lens and good photographer
Thanks for sharing these
OH

Oh thanks, I appreciate it! Personally I think there is a plenty space for improvement in my skills.

tb_a wrote:
What is always somehow interesting for me is to find out who was the producer of such lenses just branded with the name of a distributor like "Porst" ... In this case 27 Euros for two lenses of unknown origin seems to be not too bad as well.

Well I think the same it's very interesting and one never knows how such lens will perform. After some time I think it was very good buy but sadly that 35mm one was damaged within removals. It bothered me for a while and maybe it's still bothering me. Lenses were both in very good condition with only few and very small dust particles which is a little miracle considering their age.

I'm shooting always to RAW so I always do some PP. The main thing which is very important to me is sharpness and this is relatively strong factor of both mentioned lenses. There are also some famous and valuable lenses in rebranded porst lenses line like Porst f1.2/55mm..

It's just lotery when you didn't review it before buy. I owned Porst Super Weitwinkel f2.8/28mm and I didn't like it at all. I couldn't get any sharpness from it at infinity no matter what I did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you share a picture of the lens?

Nice shots.